Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Crispy, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies



 What--a new cookie?? I couldn't believe I didn't have this cookie on my blog. I checked and drooled as I looked through many chocolate chip cookie recipes. Why is this different?? Well, it has a high butter ratio. Which makes them taste divine.  There is a small amount of oatmeal. This adds to the crunch but doesn't scream, "Hey this is an Oatmeal Cookie".
They are the perfect combination of crisp and chewy. I had the best luck with a small cookie scoop (heaping tablespoon). I tried making a bigger cookie (2 tablespoons) but the dough spread too much. In this recipe smaller is better. Choose your favorite chocolate ---milk, dark, chunk or mini. Don't ruin a good cookie with inferior chocolate! This is a delicious cookie, enjoy and share!
I found the recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Let's Dish!

Crispy, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, 7 ounces
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup  old fashioned oatmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips
In the bowl of a stand mixer combine butter and sugars, beat well about 3 minutes. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla, mix well. In a bowl stir together flour, oatmeal, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to wet mixture. Gently stir just till mixed. Add chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Using a small scoop place cookie dough on a parchment lined sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. The cookie should be light brown and the edges will be darker. Do not over bake. Let cookies cool for 2-3 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Printable Recipe

No comments: