Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Zucchini Spice Cupcakes




     I am happy to be a member of an online baking group. We will bake our way through the Martha Stewart Cupcake book. This months recipe was a winner. It uses up the ever prolific zucchini that is abundant this time of the year. It also gave me a chance to try out my new KitchenAide Food Processor. My old one died making Blueberry Bars--I just wore the poor thing out!
     It did a beautiful job of shredding the zucchini! This recipe was easy to make; whisk dry ingredients, including cinnamon, cloves and fresh nutmeg. Wet ingredients include eggs, oil and vanilla; add lots of brown sugar, a bit of lemon zest, the shredded zuchinni and some toasted walnuts. Gently stir and enjoy the spicy scent as these cupcakes bake.
     I frosted them with a simple cream cheese frosting! They are delicious for breakfast--I know! Check out all the bakers to see their creations.


     As I make a recipe in a new cookbook I like to write things in the margins--things I would do different etc. I also give recipes a star rating. This is a full 5 stars (5 is the best), I will certainly make them again. I would make just 1/2 recipe of frosting. This recipe makes 18 regular cupcakes and 24 minis.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy mom!! That frosting looks so fluffy! I wish I was still there to taste one of those babies!

The poka-dots are darling by the way :)

TeaLady said...

These were good and so easy. Glad they worked out for you.

They look delicious.

Kayte said...

I would give these a full five stars also! Yours look lovely and it is so nice baking with you.

Kayte said...

I would give these a full five stars also! Yours look lovely and it is so nice baking with you.

The Food Librarian said...

Cindy, Thanks for visiting my little blog. Man, weren't these delicious! I could eat a whole tray of them!! :) And your baby ones are tooo adorabel! So cute. - mary

Hindy said...

Your cupcakes are picture perfect!

betty geek said...

Thanks for the baking along with us this month!

Your cupcakes look awesome! So adorable!

Looking forward to your other cupcake creations! Yay!

Grandma Scott said...

Sounds fun (Cupcake baking through Martha Stewart book) They look yummy and perfect for this season of Zucchini on every doorstep.

Grandma Scott said...

Couldn't find the recipe... Will you send it ?

Melanie Anne said...

mmm these look so good! Imight have to whip these up. I have a couple zucchini in the fridge right now.

Thanks fo visiting my blog! Your toast with homemade pesto and tomoatoes sound sooo good!

Rosie said...

Ooh yey I need a good Zucchini cupcake recipe and so thanks for posting this to Sweet as Sugar cookie. I'll be giving this one a whirl!