Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oven Chili


I found this recipe in a Pampered Chef Stoneware Cookbook. I like the flavor of chili but have never been a bean lover. This recipe is full of onions, tomatoes, peppers and lean beef. Just one can of beans to serve 10 people. I knew it would be a winner. It was and continues to be a family favorite. I have had requests to add more beans. Sometimes I do. 
HEARTY OVEN CHILI

2½ Pound boneless beef rump roast—trimmed of excess fat and cut in ½ inch cubes
4 garlic cloves, pressed
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1½ teaspoons dried oregano leaves
¾ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoons black pepper
2 cups onions, coarsely chopped
2 cups green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
3 cans (14½ ounces each) diced tomatoes, I give them a spin with my Immersion Blender
2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
1-2 cans (15.5 ounces) pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed

Sprinkle garlic and seasonings over beef cubes; stir to coat meat. Add vegetables and beans. Put in stoneware baker or heavy pan. Cover and bake at 350 for 2½-3 hours until meat is tender. Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sliced olives, chopped green onions and sour cream. Serves 10
This can also be cooked in a large crock pot on high 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

such a great bowl, wishing I had some on this rainy day.

Maris (In Good Taste) said...

I love chili. This sounds perfect and won't splatter your stovetop!

Kayte said...

This sounds just like my go-to chili except for the oregano as I don't use that in chili. You have it looking very special in that mug with the cute toppings. Hope your Christmas prep is going well. My prep is but my blogging is lagging...need to catch up at some point but I don't think today is it!