Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

TWD Date-Nut Loaf

When I think of a 'loaf' bread is the first thing that comes to mind. So I assumed Date Nut Loaf was like banana or pumpkin bread only with dates. I should know by now that  Dories recipes are anything but normal. This loaf is actually more like a cake, which is fine with me! I just realized this recipe was in the 'cakes' section!
This loaf is light with a tender crumb. It is rich with butter and cream cheese, lightened with eggs, sweetened with brown sugar and flavored with vanilla and a hint of almond. Chopped dates and walnuts are added for texture and interest. Dates are my new favorite food, I use them in any recipe calling for raisins--they work every time.
This recipe is perfect! I made it in four small Pampered Chef Stoneware Loaf pans. I plan on sharing these cute little loaves. But, one loaf was eaten warm, one loaf is for breakfast tomorrow (Dorie said they are better the second day). I better get the other 2 loaves out of the house quick. I have little self-control! 
Check Mary's blog Popsicles and Sandy Feet for the complete recipe. This is one 'loaf' you don't want to miss!

21 comments:

Cakelaw said...

Love your baby loaves Cindy! Dates are my favourite dried fruit, and I love to eat them on their own or stuffed with a little brie or Camembert.

Peggy said...

No dates at my supermarket. I used apricots. I bet yours was better than mine!! Looks delicious.

Chaya said...

Looks great. I like the idea of the mini loaves.

spike. said...

I loved that this was so cake like. Yum!

Mary said...

Looks wonderful and I wish I had a slice (or loaf) to go with my coffee right now. I love dates, but didn't get this made, as I was missing too many ingredients for even me to McGyver it!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

I ate my one piece and gave the rest away... if I hadn't, I would've overdosed on chocolate chip & almond loaf! :) Yours looks great, Cindy!

Bella Baker said...

looks amazing! I need to invest in mini loaf pans so I dont eat the whole thing next time!! :)

Unknown said...

I need to get rid of mine too - it's disappearing dangerously fast! Your baby loaves are very cute.

Anonymous said...

What lovely looking loaves - delicious - just found your blog and so glad I did - I've just signed up to follow you!
Mary

Nicole said...

I didn't even notice these are in the cake section. Oh well! I love dates and I really liked this recipe.

Barbara Bakes said...

It looks great. I like the idea of a little loaf cake.

Tia said...

my, what beautiful slices of cake!

http://www.buttercreambarbie.com

Criollobylisa said...

I did baby loaves and it was perfect! Love that napkin!!!

Flourchild said...

I did mini loafs too and they were perfect! Yours look great and Im glad you loved the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Your loaves look great! Your mom's Picnic Cake sounds like my mom's date cake recipe. I really want to make that now!

Mary said...

OK....why is it that the mini version is even cuter than the original? I need to get some of those Pampered Chef products..they are the best.

Jules Someone said...

This was a fabulous breakfast! I love the minis.

Katrina said...

I'm regretting not getting this one made. Someday for sure. Your loaves look great.

Gourmified said...

Cindy! Your loaf looks so pretty! I LOVED the flavors in this loaf, too. Thanks for the tip. I actually have that pampered chef 4 mini loaf stoneware and now that you mention it, I was planning on using it for this recipe. DOH! Next time. My hubby is really anxious for me to make it again! Silly guy!

Kayte said...

Love your photo with the loaf snuggled in the pretty linen!

TeaLady said...

Minis are the way to go. We really liked this one. Your minis are cute.