Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Another Trip To the ER

It started out as a nice weekend trip to watch our sweet granddaughter dance. And dance she did--center stage right in step. We enjoyed ice cream and the zoo. Grandpa was happy to help Jarom get some yard work done. Lots of power tools were used--EJ was happy to stay inside and play Angry Birds on our Pad. 
We encouraged EJ to go outside and collect bugs with Grandpa, a favorite pastime. Then it happened, the accident.  EJ walked outside just as Grandpa was letting pressure out of a new gas can. Something malfunctioned and gas sprayed in EJ's eye.
She screamed, we brought her in the house and tried to pour water in her eye. After 20 minutes of more screaming and not enough water in her eye we literally threw the towel in and took her to the ER.
Now EJ is smart. She knew that if she didn't hold still and cooperate they would have no choice but to strap her down. She is also very articulate. She cooperated with the ER personnel but she did not hesitate to let them know exactly how she felt.

"This is SO BOOOORING.
This is terrible past zero
Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. (repeat)
I am NOT having fun.
This is the worst day of my life.
My face is so red.  I look ridiculous.
I hate this 100 percent."
 
We are happy to say her eye is fine. I think she gave the ER personnel something to smile about! And I'll continue to call my blog Everyday Insanity, because it is.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad she's ok!!!

Anonymous said...

what a fright - I can relate so well!!!
Mary oxo

Nedra said...

Ay yi yi. With her intelligence, maybe the trips to ER will lead to a career in medicine.

Lois Evensen said...

I'm so glad to hear she is OK! Wow, that was a scare.

What a little darling she is.... ;)

Chaya said...

I have to thank my grandchildren for not doing this to us. You handle all this beautifully.

Anita Rowe Stafford said...

Oh Cindy, what a fright! Too bad they don't have punch cards with a 10th ER visit free!