Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Peanut Butter Granola


I had been baking one day and my sweet niece stopped in to sample my creations. The Peanut Butter Bars are always a hit. I made a batch of brownies that although not bad didn't make the blog cut. We came to the Peanut Butter Granola--I had Lacy sample it (now Lacy is expecting so factor that in). She like it, she really liked it. I suggested that I would probably serve it with fresh fruit and Greek Yogurt. She smiled and said, I think it would be good on ice cream! Lacy was right on. It was delicious on Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with a drizzle of chocolate! Yes, I also enjoyed it for breakfast with yogurt and fruit. However you serve it, it's delicious. Inspired by a recipe on Liv Life.

Peanut Butter Granola
4 cups oats
6 tablespoons ground flax meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
drizzle of honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
Mix oats, flax meal and salt. Set aside. On low heat warm peanut butter, brown sugar and honey. Add vanilla. Mix with oatmeal stir well. Stir in egg whites. Spread granola on sheet pan. Bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes stir once. I like my granola crispy so I baked it a little longer.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Oh I'm with Lucy! It sounds amazing on ice cream! And with chocolate! Could I eat it for breakfast since it's technically granola? =o)

Debra Eliotseats said...

I could eat a TON of this stuff. I adore PB and love granola. What a great combo. I am imagining all sorts of wonderful things to make out of this and/or what it could accompany. Superb job!

Zeeona @ Basil and Strawberry said...

How wonderful! I would love it!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'm a peanut butter fanatic. This sounds so good. I'm going to give this a try. I'll wager it is delicious. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Beth said...

Your granola looks terrific. I'd love it on ice cream too!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Granola is my new favorite thing to make. Especially with peanut butter!