Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sweet Lemon Ribs


Sweet Lemon Ribs have been a family favorite for years! I think the first time I tasted them was at a Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet. My good friend Judi was in charge of the meal--I knew it was going to be good and we were not disappointed!
We purchased boneless Country Style Ribs from a little Market in Down Town Pleasant Grove.
Smith's Market is long gone, I do miss a small market--you don't spend a lot of money because there are only a few choices. The prices were right so I shopped there often--they had a great meat counter that cut to order. A few fruits and veggies, milk, eggs etc. It really was the market of my dreams. Too many choices can be wonderful or give me a headache!
What does this have to do with Sweet Lemon Ribs--nothing other that I bought them there--very lean and meaty. Actually they can be found at most meat market, sold as Boneless Country Style Ribs. Let's begin:
Sweet Lemon Ribs
3 pounds Country Style Boneless Ribs
1 small can lemonade
2  small lemonade cans, water
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vinegar
Place ribs in a large pan of water--bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour. Drain out water,  remove ribs and wipe down pan. Put ribs back in pan. Mix sauce together. Stir together lemonade, water, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, salt and vinegar. Stir well. Pour over partially cooked meat.
Baked covered at 325 for 2-3 hours or until fork tender, check at the two hour mark--you want them cooked but not dried out..When meat is tender put in a serving bowl. Mix some cornstarch in water to a smooth thick paste Slowly.pour into pan sauce and stir. Cook and stir until desired thickness. Pour sauce over cooked ribs. Top with sliced green onions. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Printable Recipe

4 comments:

Debra Eliotseats said...

I really haven't cooked ribs like this but the flavors here sound delicious!

Amber said...

A family favorite for sure! I love these!

Unknown said...

This is such a unique recipe (at least to me) and it sounds delicious!

Deb A said...

I love lemon and would have never thought to use it this way - looks delicious - pinning! Hope you are doing well!