Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Rice Bowl--Gluten Free



This yummy dish happened as a result of leftovers. Sometimes the best meals happen as I clean out the fridge! I had some Cilantro Lime Rice (I made a 5 cup batch--that's 5 cups of dry rice for a party at our church. My rice wasn't used so I had a fridge full. That is after giving some away) in the fridge, a few sliced olives and some cooked chicken seasoned with Penzys Fajita Seasoning. I drizzled some homemade enchilada sauce over all. A little cilantro, shredded cheese, diced tomato, sliced almonds and sour cream finished the bowl. It was delicious and perfect for the gluten free eater. Diced avocados would also be a great addition. We completed the meal with Chips and Salsa from Los Hermonos--a favorite local Mexican restaurant. Perfect meal for Cinco de Mayo!

Chicken Enchilada Rice Bowl
Cilantro Lime Rice--or plain rice
Cooked chicken, I like Penzy's Fajita Seasoning
Shredded cheese
Sliced olives
Sliced almonds
Diced tomatoes
Chopped cilantro
Diced avocado
Sour cream
Enchilada sauce, I used this Homemade Recipe, canned would work
Lime wedges
Put rice on a plate. Top with your favorite toppings. Whatever you use--I think it will be delicious!
Printable Recipe


6 comments:

Nedra said...

I always want to come eat at your house. What you can make from left overs!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Cindy, SO good to hear from you!!! Both your rice bowls and enchiladas look amazing. Nick will be home for a long weekend, so I think I'll go this route for one of our meals :)

Debra Eliotseats said...

Some of the best meals are happy accidents!

Kayte said...

Wow does this ever look great! Stealing this one, thanks!

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great healthy dinner. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!

Deb A said...

Cindy, funny I did something similar with stuff from my fridge! And yes, I love Penzey's. I need to drive an hour to get to one so when I do, I stock up!!