Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

It's a Quilt!


Sweet Lydia turned 8 a few months ago. She has patiently waited for me to finish this quilt. I purchased a yard of cute dog fabric years ago--thinking I would make a boy quilt with it. Lydia saw the fabric and fell in love with it (she is a dog lover), she wanted her quilt to include this fabric.
The challenge began--how do I turn a small amount of doggie fabric into a quilt for a cute 8 year old gal. Thanks to the help of my friends at The Quiltmakers this is what I came up with. I'm happy with it and I think Miss Lydia will love it!
Several years ago after a back surgery my sweet friend Linda stopped by. She gave me a beautiful quilt, I have loved it every day. It says 'comfort' every time I snuggle up in it. This quilt provided the inspiration for Lydia's quilt.
Finished quilt is 40x60 inches. Fabric and long arm quilting from The Quiltmakers. Soft minky fabric is on the back and I love the striped bias binding. I had to refer to the binding tutorial on The Old Red Barn Co. This step by step tutorial helped me achieve beautiful mitered corners.  Oh it is good to finish a project!


 

Lydia is on the right--quite grown up! At Uncle Packers Wedding in Utah, 2014


1 comment:

Nedra said...

Your quilt turned out darling Cindy! I am so proud of you :) Nice job! I know it will be well loved by your grand daughter, who will appreciate it for years to come.