Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Crispy Party Bars!

What do you get when you combine peanut butter, rice krispies, pretzels and chocolate?? A salty, sweet party bar that is quick, colorful and delicious. I made this crowd pleaser for a family reunion, everyone that tasted it requested the recipe. It originates from the Taste of Home Bake Sale magazine (a fun cookbook).
Crispy Party Bars

1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups pretzels
5 cups crisp rice cereal
1 cup plain M&M's
In a large microwave safe bowl combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on high for at least 2 minutes (my corn syrup was cold it took 4 minutes) or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in peanut butter until blended. Add pretzels, cereal and M&M's--stir gently. Press into a buttered 9x13 pan. Cut into small bars--be prepared to share recipe!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Ooh, I better not make these, I will eat the whole batch and justify it because it has CEREAL in it afterall!

Lindsay said...

This is Lindsay Noble, Linda's daughter-in-law. I made this today and loved it. Thanks for all the great recipes. I read your blog a lot. I have made the surprise cookies. My friends love them and have asked for the recipe. I refer them to your blog. Keep them coming.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

I LOVE sweet and salty- especially when it involves peanut butter. These look great!