Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer Salad


The name says it all, summer is here. This is a perfect side for grilled burgers, a picnic at the park or a light lunch. I have been making this salad for years, it is refreshing and delicious. This salad is Scott's favorite, try it soon.

Summer Salad
16 oz medium farfalle
6 T red wine vinegar
2 T dried basil--if I have fresh I would use it, probably about 1/2 cup fresh
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
4 cloves garlic peeled, mashed, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp sugar
2/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup good olive oil
freshly ground pepper
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 cup zucchini, halved lengthwise than sliced into half moons
1 cup snow peas
1 cup sliced lightly steamed carrots

Cook pasta al dente.  Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again.  In a blender or food processor, combine vinegar, basil, parsley, garlic, salt, sugar, parmesan, and olive oli.  Process until smooth.  In a large bowl, lighly toss pasta, veggies and dressing.  Cover and chill for at leat 1 hour to blend flavors.  Just before serving add the pepper.


11 comments:

Kayte said...

Oh, yeah, you posted this one for us, I just know you did. Will try this one this week. Trying to line up a bevy of pasta salad recipes for Matt's graduation party next May...I have a year to do it. This one looks like a winner, and I love the colors! Happy Memorial Day, friend, I hope you are having a great weekend. Have you baked anything from Modern Baker? Start with the Butterscotch Scones!

Kristin said...

I love new salad recipes and I can't wait to try this one. We made the Peanut Butter Bars last week. They didn't last long! So yummy!!!

chersten said...

I don't think I've ever tried this one. I'll have to make it and see if Scott remembers.

Deanna said...

Hi! Your salad looks and sounds delicious. Summer really is a great time to eat salads and try all kinds of new recipes.

Saying hello from Traci's Salad Party.

God bless and may you have a sweet summer,
d from homehaven

Thepearsonfamilee said...

Visiting from Traci's blog! What a great idea to add sno peas! Looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Looks delicious! Found your blog thru Traci's Salad Party. :)

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Cindy,
That salad sounds scrumptious! I love every ingredient, and it is so colorful. :)
Thank you for linking up to my party. I'll be tweeting about this recipe.
Blessings!

Richella Parham said...

YUMMY! I was hoping there would be entries like this at Traci's salad party! Thank you for sharing this recipe--it looks delicious!

Jenn Erickson said...

What a perfect pasta salad! I love all the fresh veggies -- especially the tomato, pea and basil combo!

Thank you so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me..."!

Have a great week! Jenn

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Candise-- this looks fabulous. So light & refreshing! So happy you stopped by Mop It Up Mondays! Featuring this on my Facebook page! :)

Unknown said...

I made this salad tonight for a graduate student potluck. First: it makes quite a bit. Second: don't expect to bring any home (if you're entertaining). This salad is fresh with all the crunchy vegetables (a nice alternative to mushy potato salad) and doesn't get too oily. Many remarked that they tasted lemon—I think it was the red wine vinegar but it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Thanks for the great recipe. It's a keeper.