Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

TWD Peanut Butter Crisscrosses/ Chocolate Peanut Butter Criscrosses


I have tried many Peanut Butter Cookie recipes over the years. Some have been ok but I have not found one that I would repeat--until now! Dorie worked her magic again and created a wonderful peanut butter cookie. This cookie is soft in the center with crisp edges, loaded with chopped peanuts and rolled in sugar. All combine to make another 5 star cookie!


I got a lot more than 40 cookies from this recipe. I think it is a good idea to share these cookies, it is easy to eat more than you planned! I can't wait to try the chocolate variation.


Edited--I didn't wait long. My sweet 5 year old neighbor came over today and wanted to make cookies. She is a doll with a sweet smile and dimples, I couldn't say no. So Emma helped me make Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisscrosses. I used chunky PB, dutch process cocoa and chopped up a Ghiradelli Semi Sweet baking bar. I made these cookies bigger. They were delicious. This recipe is a winner however you make it.
Jasmine is our host this week, check her blog for the recipe (scroll to the bottom of Jasmine's post for the English recipe, unless you speak French)! This would make the perfect 'after school' or 'lunch box' treat. There are great bakers in our TWD group, see how they liked Peanut Butter Crisscrosses.


Edited--I had to try the chocolate variation

27 comments:

Mary said...

I tried to get a photo in a glass too, but yours is much better! Now I'm wondering why mine were so crisp and not chewy. Guess I'll just have to make them again.
:)

Kimberly Johnson said...

I love how you photographed your cookies! YUM!

Anne said...

Glad these were a hit! Your pictures look great and the cookies look like they have the perfect texture- yum!

Peggy said...

I tried to find a glass to make my photo, but couldn't find one the right size. I love yours. And this did make a lot of cookies didn't it?

Madam Chow said...

Love your photos and I just read your bio - I wanted an Easy Bake Oven, too, and never got one. I think I"m making up for it now!

Jeannette said...

Definitely try the chocolate version. You haven't know love until you bite into one!!

Tia said...

beautiful presentation in the glass jar :)
My version of these is PB and J thumprints. Great job this week!

Leslie said...

These look so good! I highly recommend bittersweet chocolate chips or the chocolate flavor gets lost.

Jasmine said...

I'm so glad you liked it! Many bloggers have been saying how they loved these cookies, makes me even happier I picked the recipe! Thanks for baking with me this week!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are awesome. Can you give me lessons in photography?

Jennifer said...

YUM! My crisscrosses didn't stay put as nicely as yours did. They look lovely!!!!

Katy said...

Mmm...the chocolate version you tried sounds (and looks) great!

natalia said...

How wonderful !! I should try the chocolate version too !!!

Anonymous said...

Both versions look great. Now I want to try the chocolate ones!

Flourchild said...

Ahhh how sweet that you baked with your little neighbor girl! Im sure hat make her day!
Your cookies are perfect!

Piggy said...

Your cookies look so good! Now I want to try out the chocolate version after seeing your pics!

Shandy said...

Yay for your sweet little neighbor girl. The cookies look delicious ~ BOTH versions, YUM! We loved the cookies ourselves and hubby has oodles to take in his lunch =). Your photos are gorgeous!

Nichicakes said...

Loving the pictures in the glass, very cute!

margot said...

Beautiful photos! I can't wait to try the chocolate version, they look so good!

Katrina said...

Nice photos. Your cookies look great!

Jacque said...

Oooh, the chocolate ones look GOOD! Nice work, they're perfect.

Liz said...

Oh my gosh, if I had a dimpled 5-year old on my doorstep I don't think I could have refused, either! Your cookies look delicious, and you've made me very curious to try the cocoa variation.

Barbara Bakes said...

Both version look scrumptious. Love the cookies stacked in a glass picture.

spike. said...

Impressed you did two versions in such a short amount of time!

TeaLady said...

OOOO!! Chocolate PB cookies. What fun!! Love the glass full of cookies!!

Unknown said...

I love that you went back and immediately made the chocolate ones! Sounds like something I'd do if I was getting more sleep these days. Your cookies (both kinds) look wonderful.

Kayte said...

How cute that you had a little guest baker! These cookies look wonderful, you are so creative. The photo of them in the glass is just wonderful.