Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Love

Hello! It's Cindy's daughter, Candise, taking a turn on the blog. My husband and I recently purchased our first home. 2400 square feet of bare walls, vaulted ceilings, and empty floors. We are thrilled to have our own space, and are looking forward to the challenge of making it "home".

Eliza Jane, at the ripe old age of five, is quite excited about holidays and decorations. I have great memories of a fun mom who decorated for each holiday and I am excited to do the same. I decided that I needed to add my creativity to the kindergarten art that decorates each room in our home! Enter Pinterest, with a wealth of ideas and info. I found the idea, read a number of comments and set to work creating my own.

I used a Big Shot to cut the scalloped circles, and attached them to the stryrofoam heart form with small pins. I opted for the pricier wool felt with the hope that it will bring love into our home for years to come!


The idea and general information came from The Idea Room . I found her estimation of 3/4 of a yard to be incorrect. I used close to 2 yards. The wool blend felt is not nearly as wide, and I probably placed mine closer together, a matter of personal preference. Overall I am pleased with how it turned out! (And yes, I counted the circles. I used approximately 185). For more info and instructions check out The Idea Room, this wasn't the only project on the site that made my list!

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Love it. Hearts are the perfect decor, Pinterest is full of fun ideas. Great job Candise!

Kristin said...

That's so cute! Congratualtions on your new home and have fun decorating!

mr. pineapple man said...

how beautiful! cant wait to buy a house~

Lois Evensen said...

How very pretty! I, too, like to decorate for different holidays. :) That heart is a winner.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Talent runs in the family!!! What a fabulous wreath, Candise!

Kayte said...

Gorgeous! I just got signed up for Pinterest, so please come and find me as I haven't a clue how to find friends so I can see their pins! I am Kathryn Gerth on Pinterest. I would love to see your pins, and your mother's pins, too! Congratulations on your new home!

Beth said...

Congratulations on your new home, Candise! What a lovely project.

Cakelaw said...

This is so lovely!

Ang Paris said...

so cute! how clever! thanks for linking up on marvelous mondays!