Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Orange Date Muffins




This recipe has been in my file for years. I have no idea where it came from I only know that is is delicious. Oranges are plentiful, sweet and juicy right now. It is the perfect time to enjoy this brunch delight.
This recipe comes together in minutes using a food processor or Pampered Chef Chopper. Orange, dates and pecans combine to make one delicious muffin.


Orange Date Muffins
Mix together and set aside:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
In food processor chop 1 whole orange measure 1 cup, if you are lacking a bit add orange juice or milk to fill cup. Add 1/3 cup melted butter and 1 egg. Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Bake in greased muffin tins for 14-16 minutes at 400 degrees. Cool and frost with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting.



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love oranges and dates! Will have to try because they look amazing :)

Nedra said...

I love anything with a citrus taste. Very pretty muffins!

Cakelaw said...

Yum! I have a loaf recipe that is very similar. Love the sweetness of the dates with the zing of the oranges.

Beth said...

I seem to be using a lot of oranges in my baking these days. These muffins would be a great addition to my recipe file!

Anonymous said...

Oh they look so good - the frosting is gorgeous - lovely ingredients
mary x

Barbara Bakes said...

I've never had a date in a muffin. Sounds like a delicious combination.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh these look good. I will have to try them.
Thanks for stopping by my blog..yes, more green this year, which is turning out to be a fun challenge.
Thanks for the comment on my fun laundry room...I am loving it!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

I love citrus muffins and the addition of dates is genius! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

Asiya @ Chocolate and Chillies said...

Hi Cindy! I was assigned your blog for this month's SRC and made these muffins...we loved them and look forward to making them again soon! Thx for sharing a great recipe!

Asiya @ Chocolate and Chillies said...

Hi Cindy! I was assigned your blog for this month's SRC and made these muffins...we loved them and look forward to making them again soon! Thx for sharing a great recipe!