Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Simple Math and a Stick of Butter


This afternoon there were 4 adults and 4 children in the house.  One would think that this 1:1 ratio would prevent any of the children from getting into trouble.  It's simple math, really.  Consequently three of the adults were involved in some pretty heavy conversation and didn't notice the youngest of the children sneak away from the kitchen with a prize.  Thankfully one of the adults was attentive to the children and realized that somehow Laney had retreived a stick of butter from the kitchen.  It was melting in her hands and she was happily eating and enjoying her find!


It provided plenty of laughs, some great photos, and a mess!  


We can't remember where we were in our conversation, and enjoyed the laughter. Sometimes a stick of butter really does solve all problems. 


*And now we are googling "How to get black ink out of white leather".  She's at it again...*

13 comments:

Amber said...

“The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.”
― Marjorie Pay Hinckley

And yes... a stick of butter DOES make everything better.

Nedra said...

Oh, Cindy, I wondered how things were going now that Jill and family are living with you. You've explained it all! (and at least you are laughing!)

Unknown said...

How cute is that!! What a sweet girl :)

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, my! So cute, but so messy. :\ I hope she doesn't get a tummy ache.

Unknown said...

What is it about kids and straight butter?? I think it sounds disgusting, but just the other day I found my three year old licking out the almost empty butter tub!! Gross.

Found you from SRC and I'm going to pin the rice recipe for later.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Too cute...I remember those days of little ones and mothers having fun in conversation...but our ratio was a little different, usually one adult to every four! LOL Somehow we all survived and we also got wonderful pictures like these.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Too funny!!! Such a cutie pie :)

Laura said...

Ashley did the very same thing when she was about the same age.That was not a fun diaper to change!

Laura said...

Ashley did the very same thing when she was about the same age.That was not a fun diaper to change!

Anonymous said...

What a cute handful she is becoming...lots of luck!

Anonymous said...

What a cute handful she is becoming...hopefully her arteries will recover! Ha ha

Unknown said...

Hey Cindy,

I'd like to use some of these images in a presentation that I am going to be giving. I couldn't find any license for them and I don't want to use them w/o your permission. I also cannot find your email address anywhere.

You should be able to get in touch from my Google account that made this comment, but you can find my contact information on my website.

Thank you.

Unknown said...

Hey Cindy,

I'd like to use some of these images in a presentation that I am going to be giving. I couldn't find any license for them and I don't want to use them w/o your permission. I also cannot find your email address anywhere.

You should be able to get in touch from my Google account that made this comment, but you can find my contact information on my website.

Thank you.