I was so excited to read Shannon Guymon's new book Do Over. Shannon was my neighbor for a short time. I knew her as an amazing mother and neighbor, Shannon does hard things with class. I've enjoyed following her blog so I know she is a great writer.
What is Do Over??
- It is the book you want to take on vacation.
- It includes a 'jilted bride'.
- It takes place in Alpine Utah.
- It mentions Kohlers, Park City, The Loop etc.
- It is fun to read a book that takes place in ones back yard!
- The hero is tall, handsome and has also been jilted.
- It has a snarky, rude sister-in-law.
- It has parents that are overprotective and controlling.
- It has parents that are kind, loving and helpful.
- It has a construction worker that keeps you laughing.
- It has a group of girl friends--friends that stand up for each other but are not afraid to do what's right.
Do Over was a delightful read. As a parent with grown children I found myself hoping I was the kind, loving, helpful type of parent--not the overprotective, controlling parent. Do Over is full of people with strong personalities. It takes a strong person to admit when they are wrong.
You can relax, read Do Over, and simply enjoy a fun romance. (And there is nothing wrong with that!) It is fun and very well written. Or, you can read a little deeper and look at the personalities of each character. How do they handle disappointment, how do they handle success? How do I handle disappointments, success and stress? Shannon has taken a fun romance to the next level. Thank you Shannon for Do Over, I can see it being an excellent book club read. There is so much to discuss.
The publisher is offering one of my readers a copy of Do Over. Check out Shannon's Blog; take a look at what she is up to, and what else she has written. Then come back and leave me a comment. Which book do you want to read when you finish Do Over? Contest ends Wednesday February 20th.