Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Prairie Flower Quilt for Mom




My mom loves flowers her yard is a blast of color each summer. I saw a pattern for a Prairie Flower Quilt, it had Mom's name on it! I had to run with it. The pattern comes from Missouri Star Quilt Co. MSQC has lots of fun video segments that demo different quilts. I watched this demo several times until I felt confident enough to start cutting and sewing. It was a fun quilt to make, the blocks were big--over 13 inches. I used Miss Kate, a fabric line by Bonnie Camille for Moda. This is a fun fabric line with lots of color--just like Mom's flower garden.



I wanted to do a scrappy back, I got carried away and it turned out very scrappy. It is fun. It was quilted at The Quiltmakers on a long-arm quilting machine. She did the quilt freehand--it is beautiful with many fun details.
Happy Mothers Day to the best Mom ever!

No comments: