Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Pasta with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes


My sweet husband introduced me to artichokes shortly after we were married. I'm not sure they exsisted before 1975, they certainly weren't in my world! So artichokes are a special treat at our home, when the price is right we indulge. Our children learned to love them and so do many of our grandchildren. Now you know our artichoke histroy I will continue.



I was scrolling thru Pioneer Woman and saw the words creamy, tomato, artichoke, easy and pasta all in the same post. I knew I must take a closer look. This is a 30-minute meal full of yummy flavors, it is so easy; chop an onion and open a can, boil water and you have dinner! This meatless main dish is very satisfying a crusty piece of french bread would complete the meal for me. Hubby had some grilled chicken with his pasta, 'delicious' was his comment. We had leftovers for lunch, I am happy to say this dish improved with age. Now that is a good thing.

Check out Pioneer Woman Cooks for detailed recipe. It really is a keeper.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmm, that DOES look tasty! i have recently introduced scotty to the artichoke, and now he insists I buy them everytime I go to Costco!

Janine said...

...ahh first I saw the Pioneer Woman link and a light went off somewhere in the back of my mind. Then I saw your "about me" and saw there were 6 men in your family, another "maybe, maybe", then I looked closer at your profile and saw the Book of Mormon in your favourite books and then I knew for sure that we had a lot in common!