Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

TWD Rick Katz's Brownies for Julia

Tanya at Chocolatechic is the host this week for an over the top brownie recipe. I had to read the instructions a couple of times as I made this recipe. The mixing method was unique but the end result was fabulous.

I love brownies and this recipe did not disappoint. I prefer the 'edges' of a brownie especially if the recipe tends to be of the 'fudgy, chewy variety. The middle of such a brownie is often too fudgy. Long story short my daughter suggested baking brownies in a muffin pan--more edges. I tried it with this recipe, it made 18 wonderful, edgy brownies. My muffin brownies required chilling before removing from the pans.
This is a delicate, rich, decedent treat. My individual brownie 'cakes' would be delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I certainly will make them again as they are a 5 star treat! Check the TWD blog roll to see what other bakers thought of this recipe.

14 comments:

Candise said...

Oh how I wish Dad were making late night deliveries!!!

Just kidding....

They look as delicious as they tasted, I'll be back in the morning for another one!

chocolatechic said...

Brilliant idea to make them with more edges....I love the corner pieces best.

PheMom said...

All those chewy edges are my favorite! Such a good idea!

Megan said...

My husband's the same way - loves the edges (have you seen the brownie edge pan? It's on the King Arthur website, I think).

These were really, really good - mno disagreement here!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I have to try baking brownies in a muffin tin. Yours look wonderful and must be more consistent in texture.

Time to bake another batch. WE love them.

Teanna said...

More edges, indeed! Your muffins look delicious! And that orange bundt cake right below it?! HELLO!

Jeannette said...

mmmm i love the edges too. there is just a certain extra chewiness that i looooove!

i'll be stealing your idea and making them in a mini muffin pan. yum!

The Mortensens said...

I like the cupcake brownie idea! I'll have to try that next time.

Hindy said...

Those little dented tops certainly are begging for a scoop of ice cream. Lovely!

Unknown said...

Am *so* with you on the edges!! Fantastic idea to use the muffin tins!! Yours look terrific--these really were delicious!

Amanda said...

So smart putting these in muffin tins, i bet they were fantastic!

Barbara Bakes said...

My husband is a brownie edge person too. He would love these!

Anonymous said...

I'm a middle-of-the-brownie kind of girl, but your muffin tin brownies sure look tempting, especially with a side of ice cream.

Anonymous said...

They look so cute! What a good idea to bake them in the muffin pan. I found myself going for the corners because they're the best.