Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

30 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup



In Utah April Showers are often snow so a bowl of soup is tasty on chilly spring days. This is a great recipe for busy days, it really comes together in 30 minutes. Adapted from the "Queen of 30 Minute Meals", Rachel Ray this is a recipe you will make often. I usually have everything in the pantry for this quick soup. I love to have chicken tenders in my freezer, they thaw quickly and are so versatile.

30 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 carrots, diced
1 onion, diced
3 ribs celery, diced
1 pound (about 6) chicken tenders, diced
2 bay leaves
6 cups canned chicken broth
4 ounces thin noodles (I buy them them on the Hispanic aisle--they come in 7 ounce packages)

Saute veggies and chicken in oil for a few minutes till chicken is brown and veggies crisp tender. Add broth, bay leaves and bring to a gentle boil. Stir in noodles and cook till tender, about 6 minutes. Do not overcook, this is a quick soup. Remove from heat, salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle a handful of fresh chopped parsley on top. Enjoy!
Printable Recipe

5 comments:

Kayte said...

I always hear people talking about "soup season" -- are they kidding with that??? I love soup so much that it is soup season all the time. This looks particularly good, I will give it a whirl this week for lunch. Thanks.

Amber said...

Looks delicious mom! I love a good chicken noodle soup. I agree though, I like more broth than chunks! I'll have to try this one soon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great and easy. Perfect!

Candise said...

I'm making this again today to share. It seems the perfect meal for our subzero temperatures!

Candise said...

I'm making this again today to share. It seems the perfect meal for our subzero temperatures!