Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies


This recipe contained all of my favorite ingredients and it had 'chewy' in the title. I needed a treat and this was at the top of the list. It came together quickly thanks to my KitchenAid power tools. I used both milk and semi sweet chocolate chips because I can. I also added chopped walnuts because they go so good with oats, coconut and chocolate! These delicious cookies are really chewy. They were great for breakfast (oats, eggs). Yes, I will make them again!
I adapted the recipe from My Kitchen Cafe.


Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup oatmeal (not quick)
2 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup coconut
1 cup walnuts- coarsely chop in food processor
12 oz. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put the top 4 ingredients into a food processor for 30 seconds until coarse. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat the butter for 30 seconds until light in color. Add the sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Next, add the dry ingredients then add the coconut, nuts and chocolate chips. Shape cookie dough into balls, I used the medium Pampered Chef Scoop, and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes. Let the cookies cool slightly before removing them from the pan to a wire rack.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

I never have a problem with a cookie for breakfast. This one looks awesome!

TracyH said...

Me neither. My problem is having two, or more... :) These sound great!

Kayte said...

Already copied and pasted this to save and try this week. They look delicious! My husband eats cookies every single day for breakfast...our entire married life!