Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Molten Lava Cakes--my way!



I love hosting Book Club. Who doesn't like a reason to make a special treat for good friends. Tonight we discussed the book The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. This books has been around for awhile but it is one that you can read and reread. I always like to read books on improving relationships. This book has plenty of food for thought. I decided my love language is desserts!
We enjoyed this dessert with chocolate covered strawberries. Strawberries are sweet and delicious right now so enjoy--with or without chocolate.

Molten Lava Cakes--my way
3 tablespoons butter
heaping 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Melt the butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave. Add the flour and powdered sugar--mixture will be thick. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Pour into 4 or 5 muffin tins that have been sprayed with Pam. Bake at 425 for 8 minutes. Let cakes cool in the pan for a minute or two. Remove and serve with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream and berries. This is one decedent delicious dessert. It is so quick you can mix it up while your oven heats and in 8 minutes you have the best dessert. It is too easy!
I cut the recipe way back and make smaller portions. But one cake with ice cream is a perfect dessert.
Printable Recipe
Inspired by a recipe on Savory Sweet Life.

 

One Year Ago------Apple Cinnamon Bites
Two Years Ago-----Ham and Bean Soup
Three Years Ago----Fresh Cranberry Scones


17 comments:

Unknown said...

wow!! those are some beautiful photos, mama!

I LOVE those little devils.

Designed Decor said...

These look so yummy! I just started a new link party and would love if you would come on over and share your post or social media sites. http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-3/



DeDe@DesignedDecor


Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Visiting from One Creative Weekend link party. Thanks for sharing this YUMMY recipe!! Looks amazing!! Pinning it! ;)
- Brenda @ ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I never knew one of the love languages was desserts! ;) I think that might be mine too--and these look so good!

Kayte said...

Those are so beautiful! Your guests must have felt very special indeed to be presented with that at book club! Very nice. BTW, thank you for visiting and commenting on all my DH recipes, you are so sweet. I wrote a little note back on each one as I appreciated the comments so much.

We can do hard things! said...

Is it just a regular size muffin tin? They look bigger than that. Can't wait to try...

We can do hard things! said...

Is it just a regular size muffin tin? They look bigger than that. Can't wait to try...

We can do hard things! said...

Is it just a regular size muffin tin? They look bigger than that. Can't wait to try...

Deb A said...

Wow - look super yummy!! I need to host our book club soon - I may be giving this a try! Deb

Nedra said...

I wish I could come to YOUR book club! I bet even non readers would show up!

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

I think I could go for a molten lava cake your way! The strawberries are a perfect touch!

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

What a sweet little lava cake. I bet your book club loves it when its your turn to host! Thanks for sharing at One Creative Weekend!

Anonymous said...

Chocolate lava cakes are one of my favourite puddings. I usually make them for Valentines day.

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

These look fantastic. You really don't have to make a special filling? They just cook that way? Amazing!

I featured your idea today on One Creative Weekend! The new party is open. I’d love it if you stopped by, grabbed a featured button, and linked up anything new you'd like to share at OneCreativeMommy.com.

Unknown said...

Love your pictures and this lava cake looks decadent!
Have a great weekend.
Wanda Ann @ memoriesbythemile.com

Kathie said...

Hello!
I found you from the Mop it up Mondays link up. I would love to have you come share your post with my readers over at Sassy Little Lady’s Show and Tell Saturday. Hope to see you there!

Kathie
http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday

Nicole @WonkyW said...

Ooey-Gooey ... Love It!