Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Quiche for Two

I do wish Quiche was a bit more photogenic! But, you will have to trust me--this is delicious. I like quiche, actually I really like quiche. I just don't like it for several days in a row. Enter, 'Quiche for Two'. Some brilliant chef decided that you really could cut a quiche recipe way down and put it in a small casserole--rocket science I know.
Really this is a great recipe, it is crust less which is fine by me.  I'd rather forgo a high calorie crust and eat a brownie! There are so many ways to change this recipe--use what you have in your fridge. It will always be yummy. This recipe came from a Pampered Chef Cookbook. I don't know which one, as I have a tendency to rip recipes out of cookbooks, do you do that??


Quiche for Two

Base:
3 eggs
1/2 cup half and half
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
Ground black pepper

Filling Options
3 slices crisply cooked bacon, 1/3 cup seeded, chopped tomato, 2 Tbsp thinly sliced green onion, 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
OR
1/2 cup chopped ham, 1/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli, 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion, 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Protein, vegetable, cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray small oval baker with nonstick cooking spray.  Whisk together base ingredients, set aside.

Combine fillings and cheese, spoon into the bottom of the baker.  Pour base over filling ingredients.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until the center is set.  (A knife inserted will come out clean.)  Let stand 5 minutes before serving. 
Printable Recipe



4 comments:

Debra Eliotseats said...

Crustless quiches are the perfect fast meal, especially for two.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

It looks perfect, Cindy! I'd love this on Thanksgiving morning :)

Kayte said...

Quiche for two...perfect! Who thought years ago we would need "for two" recipes so soon???? Are you going to do the new TWD starting Nov. 11th with Dorie's new book? Please do...wouldn't be the same without you. :-)

Deb A said...

I know what you mean - some foods are harder to take pictures of. I'll take your word for it that this dish is great!!