Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

TWD Not-Just-For-Thanksgiving Cranberry Shortbread Cake


What a fun cake to make! Cranberries, sugar and orange bubbling away to a gooey, thick, tart jam. I had some on an English Muffin for breakfast, it was quite tasty. The jam can be made up to two weeks in advance but it may disappear...That is why I made just half the shortbread recipe and baked it in a cute six inch springform pan.


The smaller circle of dough was easy to work with. I rolled it between two layers of plastic wrap and placed it right in the pan. I spread 1 cup of my yummy jam over the bottom layer and topped it with another circle of shortbread dough. Very easy.



The small spring form pan baked 35 minutes. I let it cool for 20 minutes and removed the sides of the pan. I had a festive looking dessert that served at least 5. It was delicious. Yes, I will make it again.
I can tell I need to plan better, with the time change I was out of light by about 5. Check Jessica's blog 'A Singleton in the Kitchen' for the complete recipe. As always there are many great TWD bakers, see what they did with this yummy recipe.

17 comments:

Nickki said...

Your cake looks perfect! I also enjoyed making it :-)

Cakelaw said...

Your cake looks wonderful Cindy. I would like to dip my spoon into that little ramekin of ruby red jam - glorious colour!

Peggy said...

Cindy what a cute cake you have there! Wasn't the jam delicious. It was easy and fun to make. Definitely a rewind at my house for the holidays.

Mary said...

I love your little springform pan, and the cake looks wonderful too! I ran out of light as well, and got quite cranky about it.
:)

Jessica said...

I love the mini springform pan! Your cake looks so cute!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

I had to take my picture this morning because I was out of light last night too! Glad this turned out so well! :)

Tia said...

i want your pan! it looks so nice and heavy duty and envy worthy.

Charli said...

The sun setting so early is causing me to shift my whole blogging schedule! The mini is adorable.

Kayte said...

The mini is very cute. I love the idea of having this jam on an English Muffin! Yes, please. I hear you about the time change. Matt gets up at 4:30 a.m. for morning swim practice and the dogs are very attuned to that...with the time change they are ready to get up at 3:30 a.m. and NO ONE here is amused. I hope they figure it out soon.

Jessica said...

Your mini cake looks delicious! I'm so happy you enjoyed this recipe and even the plain jam. I was sneaking little spoonfuls of that jam before I used it in the cake -- don't tell. Thanks for baking along with me this week!

Flourchild said...

That is the cutest pan ever! I love it! Your mini looks so good!!

The crust was my favorite part of the recipe!

TeaLady said...

This was good wasn't it. And making the jam just made it fun to make and put 2gether.

Minis are perfect.

Mary Ann said...

I love your mini- it looks perfect. I bet the jam was delicious at breakfast time!

Jacque said...

I know, daylight savings time is definitely not helping with the photography, is it?

Your shortbread cake still looks delish, though. Nice job!

Katrina said...

Great looking cranberry filling. This was so a cookie not a cake. ;) Doesn't matter, it was good enough that I needed to give most of it away.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Cute little shortbread cake! I loved the filling too. Guess it is the time of year but anything cranberry is on my mind.

Lynne Daley said...

Small is great! Your shortbread cakes look delicious. I will make this one again with apples or another fruit preserve. Since there are just two of us now, we ate the cake for breakfast as well as for dessert. Fat City!!