Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Food Processor Cookies

I can have these cookies ready to bake in the time it takes the oven to preheat. Made completely in the Food Processor (one of my favorite kitchen power tools) this cookie is delicious and quick. I change the kind of nuts and chocolate, it is always a hit. It makes 2-3 dozen depending on the size. Just enough to share.


1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter (softened and cut into 8 pieces)
1 T vanilla (yes, this is a tablespoon, not a teaspoon.  Use real vanilla, of course, not imitation.)
1 1/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup oatmeal (regular, not instant)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Buzz first 5 ingredients in processor 30 seconds.  Scrape down and buzz 5-7 seconds more.  Distribute flour, salt and baking soda over mixture in processor.  Scatter nuts, oats and chips on top of that.  Buzz on/off 10 times.  Don't over mix.  Just give a swipe with a spatula to any flour that looks unmixed (it really will be okay).

Drop by teaspoonful 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 10-12 minutes.

Let stand 1 minute on sheet.  Remove and cool on wire racks.  That's it.  Really easy and really good.

5 comments:

Kayte said...

Sounds easy enough, and you can make them regular-like in a mixer, too, right? These are the kinds of questions I need to know because my food processor is not always my best friend, things get gunked up around the post and I hate cleaning that out. They look like just the sort of cookie that would be a very big hit with the guys. Thanks for the recipe. BTW, is everyone coming home for Thanksgiving? Will this be a repeat, with variations, from August???? Hope you post your menu!

Cindy said...

Hopefully I'm getting a food processor for Christmas. I don't have one and see the need for one all the time.

Erectile Dysfunction said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ronnie g bliss said...

Wow! These were whipped up so quickly in the processor that I barely had time to satisfy my need-to-bake mojo! Yummy whilst warm I might add...

Nicole said...

I wanted to thank you for this recipe. I added some carob powder and ground coffee and they turned out perfectly. Thanks, again!