Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wedding Cookies


I volunteered to make six dozen Wedding Cookies for a church party. I've tasted these buttery, sandy cookies but have never made them. This is one of those recipes that seems to get pushed to the back of the recipe box. The cookies came together quickly in my Kitchenaid. I used my small Pampered Chef cookie scoop to portion the dough. Rolled the dough in cute balls and they were ready to bake. Rolling the warm cookie in powdered sugar was messy and took time. But when you make 6 dozen of anything it takes time!
This was a tasty cookie, melt in your mouth goodness.


Wedding Cookies
1 cup butter, soft
1/2  cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecans, chopped
powdered sugar for rolling
Cream together butter, sugar and flavorings. Mix in salt, flour and nuts. Use small cookie scoop and form into balls. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool cookies for a few minutes and roll in powdered sugar. Makes 3 dozen.

8 comments:

Kayte said...

Always a favorite around here! Love your photo of them on that beautiful dish. Hope all your holiday plans are going on schedule...I think mine are at this point.

Cindy said...

I made these for my work cookie exchange last year. They were pleased. They do just melt in your mouth.

Unknown said...

that is alot of cookies!!! baking is tiring sometimes. Nice job

megan @ whatmegansmaking said...

I love these cookies. I made them last year for Christmas. One of my favorites :)

Lisa said...

Six dozen cookies, wow! You must have been busy. But, I bet all those cookies were devoured in a matter of minutes. By the way, I'm holding a giveaway on my blog for Orglamix Organic makeup and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/12/orglamix-organic-mineral-makeup-review.html

Unknown said...

Everyone's favorite-and yours look wonderful! Six dozen--wow!!! Am sure they were much appreciated. Nicely done!

Cakelaw said...

These look great Cindy! I made these last year for Christmas, and really enjoyed them.

Grandma Scott said...

I love wedding cookies... Can I request them for the next family party ?
In the meantime I will try to make them.... You always make me hungry..