Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fresh Mango Salsa




I like to eat at Rumbi's, a fresh Island grill. They have fun salads, rice bowls and the best mango salsa. The salsa is sweet with mangoes, spicy and just delicious. I often make salsa so I knew I could create something similar. I did a little blog search and found several recipes that had possibilities. I combined, adjusted and worked with what I had (I forgot my grocery list). I do have a winner. I'm writing down exactly what I did. I think you will want this recipe.

Fresh Mango Salsa
3 medium mangoes, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
1/4 red or white onion, diced
1/2 cup cilantro
6 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
juice from 2 limes
salt
This is yummy with chips but I served it with a shrimp quesadilla. This was one amazing dish.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yum!! I think I will have to make this with my fish tacos tomorrow!

Kayte said...

This is so pretty...I need to find more uses for salsa. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I am a bit behind in blog reading/commenting so you are due for an onslaught of inane comments so that I can feel I am caught up with life around there.

Grandma Scott said...

Rumbies could take a lesson from you. Your salsa is the BEST....