Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fresh Pineapple Salsa




My sweet hubby does a lot of the grocery shopping for me. He is pretty good to stick to a list--I'm not, so I guess it is good he shops! But I always tell him check the produce dept for really good fresh fruit, he does this well, he spent his teen years working in the produce room at Reams. If there is a good watermelon in the bin Greg can pick it out. 
I know too much information, just give us the recipe. Greg brought home a beautiful pineapple. It was a great addition to our Father's Day fruit plate. But, pineapples are large and our family is small. Luckily Maria over at Two Peas in a Pod had just posted a recipe for pineapple salsa.
It took minutes to prepare--the pineapple was already sliced. A few more fresh ingredients turned this into one yummy dish. It would be great with grilled chicken or salmon. But we ate it with chips, a perfect appetizer. 



Fresh Pineapple Salsa
2 cups diced pineapple, fresh
1 cup diced red pepper
3 tablespoons diced jalapeno pepper
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice from 1 large lime
Salt to taste
Mix together and chill.

Linked to:
Everyday Sisters; Sharing Sunday

10 comments:

Ali said...

My husband does all of our shopping and I wish he knew how to pick the good fruits and vegetables. Haha. You are lucky :)

I like that this recipe has the red bell pepper with the pineapple, that sounds like a delicious combination. :)

Kayte said...

That looks fresh and healthy and pretty! Going on my list...I think I would like this as a side with grilled fish this week. Fun to know about your husband grocery shopping...Mark volunteers to do that quite a bit as well (I think so he can check out things he wants to snack on...lol!) So cute.

Nedra said...

Looks sooo yummy!

Amber said...

I love your little stories before each recipe! This salsa looks delicious, I agree with Kayte, it would be good on grilled fish.

Nanci Waldman said...

This salsa looks delicious and refreshing. My sisters and I just started our first themed blog hop over at http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com
every Sunday!. This weeks theme is appetizers. We would love for you to come over and share these or any of your favorite appetizer recipes with our blog readers. Have a great weekend.
Nanci

Mimi said...

That sounds so refreshing! I love pineapple so I'm bookmarking this salsa and can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing

Cakelaw said...

This is a nice idea for fresh pineapple - I have one in the fridge.

Ellen Zames said...

Thank you for posting this recipe on Everyday Sisters Sharing Sundays - Appetizers!! This weeks theme is CHICKEN. Please come back and post some of your favorite chicken recipes to share with our followers. We hope to see you there!

http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com/2011/07/everyday-sisters-sharing-sundays-2.html

Ellen

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, this looks fabulous! Perfect summer munchie...plus a great topping for salmon or chicken :)

Jenn Erickson said...

Yum! I can see the pineapple salsa being delicious on a grilled pizza too!

Thank you so much for linking up to last week's "A Little Birdie Told Me...". My apologies for the belated vist -- with July 4 falling on a Monday, it threw my whole schedule off, and I'm just now making the rounds to visit the party-goers from that week. Best, Jenn