Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Want To Marry You Cookies!




According to Ashley's blog From Dahlias To Doxies these cookies are good enough to catch a husband. I'm not sure about that--I have a hubby of 36 years. But they were delicious and everyone enjoyed them.
This is a fun recipe because you melt the butter and make the cookies in the pan. These are as easy as they are delicious. Allow time to chill the dough and you will have a yummy soft cookie.



 I Want To Marry You Cookies
1 cup butter
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon--omit if using peanut butter chips
1 cup white chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
1 cup chocolate chips--I chopped up an imported bar of dark chocolate--yum!
Melt butter over medium heat. Add sugars and stir till smooth. Chill for 15 minutes. Stir in egg and egg yolk and vanilla. Add flour, oats baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir in chips.
Scoop cookies--I used a medium sized Pampered Chef Scoop. Place on Silpat lined baking sheet. Put the cookie sheet--with the cookies in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes. Bake at 325 for 12-14 minutes.
I live above 5000 feet and baked mine at 350 for 12-14 minutes
Thanks Ashley for sharing a fun recipe, my changes are in red. Check out From Dahlias To Doxies for more great food.

                                                           Happily married for 36 years!

17 comments:

Kristin@gratefulbelly.com said...

These look so good, and I bet it's a fun recipe for kids to help with! I love the cute picture of you and Greg :)

Kayte said...

Absolutely beautifully gorgeous photo of the two of you...and the cookies look good as well. You are ahead of me...this year will be "Happily Married 34 years" for us. How did all that time pass so quickly? Last year he gave me a card and wrote in it "The first 33 years have been truly wonderful and I am looking forward to the next 33 together as well!" Awww...so cute. Wonderful post...a great way to start my day!

Unknown said...

Well, even if you're happily married I'm sure your husband really enjoyed them, they look fantastic!!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Great picture of you and your husband :) You have us beat by 10 years! And I always love a new cookie idea...these look yummy!

Anonymous said...

lovely picture of you and hubby! what's your secret?? fabulous cookie recipe!
mary x

Cakelaw said...

Congrats on 36 years of marriage - that is fabulous! Hmmm, perhaps I need to make these, LOL.

Grandma Scott said...

Very cute post... It's been a great 38 years for the Mother in law too. ... The taster of most of those good recipes

Grandma Scott said...

It's been a great 38 years for you mother-in-law who's been the taster of many of those wonderful recipes... Thanks for marrying my son !

Michael said...

Awww, what a sweet picture! Love the cookies too :)

Beth said...

These look great! I can see how they'd be that effective!

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you tried the recipe Cindy! I'm intrigued by the peanut butter chips. I'll have to try 'em. Congrats on a wonderful marriage. Here's to 30 more years! :)

Eliotseats said...

You guys are a great looking couple! I love all the variations this recipe offers.

The Better Baker said...

These sound amazing! I am a cookie monster at heart and love trying new reciipes....this one's added to my 'to try' list...thanks!

Andi said...

So cute the two of you. The cookies sound delish andi

Jenn Erickson said...

Cindy, I loved the story behind these cookies, and although I'm already spoken for as well, I may just have to make these for my love of 18 years anyway! Wonderful picture of you and your husband! Always a pleasure to have you be a part of "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rok No. 17!

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

What a fun cookie! Congratulations on 36 years. :)

Anita Rowe Stafford said...

Those cookies sound so good! I love the picture of you and your husband, congratulations on a long marriage and a great family! We celebrated our 44th year in March. Time has passed so quickly.