Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Sad Loaf of Bread

Am I getting to old to multitask? We were making one of our favorite meals Teryiaki Salmon and Orzo Pasta. This meal comes together quickly but you have many things going on. Pasta boiling, marinade reducing, salmon broiling etc. etc. I burned the garlic and red pepper, so I had to chop more pepper and then realized I was out of garlic. Some where between looking for garlic powder and draining the pasta I put the bread in to finish baking but didn't realize the oven was set to broil (we just finished the salmon).
And here you have my beautiful loaf of Herb Bread.

Never bake bread on Broil!

9 comments:

Candise said...

There is something about that "broil" setting that disables even the best multi-taskers! Was the bottom half of the loaf any good! Better luck next time...

Kristin@gratefulbelly.com said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one...

Unknown said...

Oh well, I'm sure the inside was perfect hahaha

Anita Rowe Stafford said...

Oh Cindy your beautiful bread! As I was moving between the different tasks while making dinner last night I had the thought that I used to step around the kitchen a lot faster, but when I'm really distracted I usually have a grandchild helping! LOL So sorry about the broiled bread, it happens to all of us!

Anita Rowe Stafford said...

Oh Cindy your beautiful bread! As I was moving between the different tasks while making dinner last night I had the thought that I used to step around the kitchen a lot faster, but when I'm really distracted I usually have a grandchild helping! LOL So sorry about the broiled bread, it happens to all of us!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

LOL...this happens to me more than I'd care to admit!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohh - I love that you are so honest!!!
Mary oxo

Eliotseats said...

Just scrape off the burnt part! :)

Kayte said...

I have done this before...oh, yes, I have. I just sawed off the top and used the bottom for open face sandwiches...lol. Sometimes we have to adjust to the situation, right? Keep baking bread!