Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Barbequed Turkey Tenders



This is a simple recipe that we have been making for years. It is often requested for birthday dinners. Our local neighborhood grocery store always carries boneless turkey tenders, turkey steaks would also work. This simple marinade transforms turkey into a delicious meat that can now be served more often than just Thanksgiving. This is also yummy as a marinade for chicken kabobs.

Barbequed Turkey Tenders
1/2 cup oil
1 cup 7 Up--not sugar free
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon horseradish
2 teaspoons italian seasoning
Turkey Tenders or steaks
Mix ingredients together. Add turkey tenders, let marinate for up to 24 hours. Grill tenders until internal temperate reaches 160 degrees.


12 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Looks wonderful! Thank you for the recipe. :)

Anonymous said...

SO clever!! turkey can get so dried out - this is brilliant and using 7 up!!! love how creative this is :))
Mary x

Chaya said...

I bet the horseradish gives it a good zing. I have to try this. It looks wonderful.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Cindy, these sound wonderful. I've never seen turkey tenders in our markets, but I think I can cut my own. I'd love to give your recipe a try. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I've never bought turkey tenders, but they sound like a great option to a too huge turkey breast. And your marinade sounds great...we always have 7-Up on hand :) Have a great week!

Unknown said...

This sounds fantastic and really flavorful!

Katie@Cozydelicious said...

I don't think I've ever made turkey tenders - but these look so yummy! What a great way to make turkey.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

This sounds so wonderful! I'm going to see if I can find the turkey tenderloins at our grocery. I'll bet pork tenderloin would be good, too.

Candise said...

This needs to go on the menu next time I am in town! Looks delicious...

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

We love eating turkey but I have never seen turkey tenders in the stores around here but other cuts would probably also work very well with this intriguing marinade that contains 7 Up.

Jocelyn said...

What an awesome idea to use 7 up as a marinade!!! I can't wait to try this!!!

Kayte said...

I have never made turkey tenders, these look delicious and I better look into that asap!