Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Martha's White Choclate, Cranberry Cookies


I have both the Martha Stewart Cookie and Cupcake Cookbooks. They consistently contain winning recipes. I am happy to say I made another delicious recipe. White Chocolate Chunk Cookies was the original recipe. My sweet little neighbor chose the recipe. All went well until we read 'golden raisins'. I don't do raisins and my little friend didn't want raisins so we eliminated them. I tried to talk her into using dried cranberries--she was not happy with that addition either. So we made cookies minus dried fruit--delicious. I sent her home with a plate of cookies and then added some dried cranberries to the remaining dough--perfect. So any way you make these cookies they will be delicious. Even with golden raisins!

Martha's White Chocolate, Cranberry Cookies
1 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (3.5 ounces)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups (8 ounces) good quality White Chocolate Chunks--I used a Ghirardelli White Baking Bar, chopped
1 cup sweetened coconut
1 cup golden raisins or dried cranberries (if desired)
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Beat butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time beating for a minute after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
Stir together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture to butter. Keep on low speed. Stir in the oats, coconut, white chocolate, dried fruit and walnuts.
Using a medium scoop drop on parchment covered stone. Bake at 350 for about 12-14 minutes. Cool on pan for 2 minutes then remove to a cooling rack. Makes about 4 dozen cookies
Printable Recipe

Enjoy these delicious chunky cookies. I love that they have all the good things in them--chocolate, nuts, oatmeal, coconut, dried fruit----yummy!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! all the good stuff in these cookies - delicious - there is a particular love of white chocolate in this house!!
Mary x

Barbara Bakes said...

I love the dried cranberries, so I'd definitely put the in too. Sounds like a great cookie.

Debra Eliotseats said...

I usually always put in Craisins for raisins in baking. Really, the only way I like them is in savory dishes. Go figure? Great looking cookies!

Kayte said...

These look delicious and dangerous!!

Unknown said...

I have that cookbook...haven't tried this one yet though. I definitely think cranberries is a better idea!

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Cindy, now these are two baking books that I actually own as well, they are dog-eared and falling apart at the seems - good, very good sign! The particular recipe that you are featuring today, is one that I have not tried yet but reading through your lovely "review", I think I should get to it and bake some delicious cookies right now.
Hope you are having a great week, dear friend!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

These cookies are full of my favorite ingredients, too! I know I've copied this recipe before, but it's high time I make them!!!

Catherine said...

Dear Cindy, Martha is always a safe place for a good recipe. I like that you make the recipe your own, that is what cooking is all about!
These do have all the goodies included and a glass of milk is perfection to go along for dipping.
Blessings my dear. Catherine xo

Beth said...

My daughters would ask me to leave the raisins out too; in a perfect world, I think I'd add dried cherries.

Deb A said...

I do like cranberries in cookies - these look so good! Can you ship me a box?

Carrie Robinson said...

These cookies look amazing! They just seem to say fall to me... I just may be ready for fall now. ;) lol!

Thank you for sharing at Marvelous Mondays this week!