Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Coconut Lime Rice with Cilantro



This delicious rice stands on its own; adding coconut milk gives it a rich creamy flavor. I served it with a salmon dish but I'm sure it will taste great with Thai or even Mexican. Flavorful rice with a pop of lime, sides don't get much better!

Coconut Lime Rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 cup Basmati rice
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup coconut milk
Sea Salt--to taste
1/2 cup cilantro
Juice from 1-2 limes
Heat oil in a saucepan add garlic and cook 1 minute--stir constantly.
Add rice and cook 4 minutes--stir often.
Add chicken broth, coconut milk and sea salt, bring to a boil, stir.
Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 20 minutes.
Remove pan from heat, let sit covered for 5 minutes.
Fluff rice, add cilantro and lime juice.
Enjoy!
Printable Recipe
There are many versions of this recipe. I based my recipe on one from The Love of Cooking, but I had to add lime juice because everything tastes better with a splash of lime! 

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Hi Cindy, hope you are doing well...I'm a fan of rice and I agree the extra squirt of lime is a great addition!

Manda_K said...

This is a yummy rice recipe! Made this tonight with some tomato shrimp, it was delish!

Crystelle said...

with coconut milk? Oh my! That sounds so delicious! I am pinning!!
:)
Have a happy week!!
hugs x, Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Jennifer @ Crockpot Gourmet said...

I made it here via Marvelous Mondays! This rice is one I will for sure be trying in the near future!! Looks delicious! Headed over now to follow you on Pinterest!