Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Party Chicken Salad Sandwiches


Here is my favorite chicken salad recipe. I have used it for bridal showers, baby showers and spring luncheons. I like chicken salad with several crunchy components. Held together with a yummy light sauce. For the best results use fresh crunchy celery, toasted pecans and crisp cooked bacon. I cook chicken tenders from Costco and dice them. Don't overcook the tenders. I use the cooking instructions on the back of the package. I assume they know what they are doing!
Components of the salad can be made ahead but add the dressing just before serving. Chicken salad can be served on a bed of greens, in a tomato cup or my favorite on a mini croissant with spinach leaves. My girls and I have developed this recipe thru trial and error but we think this is THE Chicken Salad Recipe:

Party Chicken Salad
Combine:
2 cups diced celery
1/2 cups toasted pecans--bake 15 minutes in a shallow pan at 350
5 cups diced chicken
6 slices crisp crumbled bacon
1/2 cup dried chopped cherries
Blend together
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon salt
2 green onions finely chopped
Combine both mixtures. Chill for 30 minutes. Makes about 6 cups, use 1/4 cup on each small croissant.


3 comments:

Ashley said...

yum! ah i love your blog so many yummy things, im gonna have to try this
thanks for sharing

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com said...

Oh, that sounds delish! I love the addition of bacon which makes everything better IMHO!

Kayte said...

This sounds so much like mine but I don't have dried cherries in mine...well, I didn't until now...what a deal that would be. I use dried cranberries occasionally but I really really want to taste the dried cherry version. Oh, yes, thank you for this idea. On my blog post today I told everyone to come over here for the recipe for the blueberry cake and I also told them to look about a bit as you had some great things going on over here recipe-wise. I did not make that up!!