Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Roasted Red Potatoes

When I plan my menus for the week I often just jot down a main dish and make sure I have ingredients to prepare it. I guess I just assume that yummy side dishes will appear. So an ongoing goal of mine is to actually plan side dishes. Make them and include a few on my blog.
A side dish can be as simple as a bowl of chilled watermelon or as complex as twice baked potatoes.
I had company today, Greg grilled the meat I had a bowl of chilled melon, a dish of strawberries and some yummy roasted red potatoes. We also had fresh corn on the cob, but somehow we forgot about it. Stuff happens. But the potatoes were a hit, all 6 adults agreed they were blog worthy! This side will appear often in our dinner rotation.



Roasted Red Potatoes
4 red potatoes, scrubbed
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons Panko Crumbs
2 tablespoons fresh grated  Parmigiana Reggino cheese (I buy a wedge at Costco, it last longer if wrapped in foil)
Salt, pepper, smoked paprika, Pampered Chefs Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Rub--or whatever your favorite seasoning is
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Slice potatoes into wedges and place in bowl. Toss in olive oil until coated and then add all remaining ingredients and toss until evenly coated.  Bake in a Pampered Chef Bar Pan that has been drizzled with a little olive oil. Bake in preheated oven 30-40 minutes or until desired degree of crispness, turning wedges over halfway through baking.


This recipe was inspired by Amber's Delectable Delights--a blog full of yummy food. I bookmarked several recipes I want to make.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

9 comments:

Ali said...

Those look so delicious Cindy. I have a box of panko I really need to use up, so I'll be bookmarking this recipe. Thanks! If you'd like, I wanted to invite you over to share your best recipes at my new link party, Recipe Sharing Monday. I'd love for you to join in the fun :)

Kayte said...

Oh, those look great. I don't have the PC bar pan (I have a ton of PC things so imagine my surprise when I saw that and realized I don't have one of those!). Will try these soon, nonetheless, the guys will love them, I can tell. Thanks!

Rivki Locker said...

Roasted potatoes are my kids' favorite food ever. This looks great. Love the addition of parmesan.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

YUM! Seriously, those look so good! I am going to have to try them!

mama said...

Cindy those potatoes look so good. I need to try them. I've never used panko before. It was so fun visiting with you this week. Thanks for your friendship!
Carol

Anonymous said...

I love roasted potatoes, and I love panko! These sound really awesome!

~Amber~ said...

Cindy,
Glad to hear you enjoyed these potatoes. They are so crunchy and delicious, I make them often. I hope you were able to check out my new blog too, www.sugaredwhisk.com

Lisa~~ said...

Love the addition of panko and parmesan.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Unknown said...

These look delicious! Might have to make some for supper tonight.
Thanks!
Lesley
byporchlight.blogspot.com