Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken





 Years ago (20+) Greg was Mayor of our small city. The local newspaper had a write up about mayors in the area and their favorite foods. It could have been a slow news day, I'm not sure. Whatever the case my sweet Mother-in-Law sent the yellowed news copy to me. The recipe was Teriyaki Chicken. So I tried it and am happy to say it is still a delicious dish, twenty years later. I think years ago I baked it but we are in a 'grill mode' and chicken thighs are meant to be grilled. 

Teriyaki Chicken
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, pressed (original recipe called for 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
2 teaspoons grated ginger
black pepper to taste
The fresh garlic and ginger are recent additions, did they have fresh garlic and ginger 20 years ago?
3 pounds chicken--we like boneless, skinless thighs
Combine all ingredients to made a marinade. Pour over chicken. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Grill boneless skinless thighs for 10 minutes on each side. Marinade can be strained and boiled for 10 minutes as a sauce to drizzle over chicken or rice. Add corn on the cob, and watermelon and this is one tasty summer meal.


Linked to Tasty Tuesday

4 comments:

Chaya said...

Cindy, I love chicken Teriyaki. I don't generally grill it but summer is moving by, too quickly and I think, I had better be a copycat and make this.

Kayte said...

Never too much chicken on the grill over here...and teriyaki chicken a big favorite, going to give yours a try here sometime this week as chicken was on sale this week, so I stocked up!

Flourchild said...

Thanks for the heads up on the buttermilk..I left that out!
This Chicken looks so good!

Nedra said...

I didn't know Greg had been Mayor. I bet he did a wonderful job.
Thanks for another great recipe for my files.