Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

A New Look and Carrot Zucchini Cake




I'm excited to have a new blog look. Thanks to Rebeka from Monkeys Love Donuts I have a fun updated blog with my own button! Rebeka was so fun to work with, she is amazing.
Now for the recipe. We have had the most beautiful September, temperatures around the 80's. So that means our garden is still producing a bit. I had one last zucchini, I think I found the perfect recipe.


This has to be good for you, it is full of carrots, zucchini, dates, nuts and honey. Now that is one great list!
The recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens. I substituted dates for the raisins. Delicious! I do love dates. The recipe calls for a Citrus Cream Cheese Frosting. It tasted great but was so soft that it didn't set up even after refrigeration. So you might want to find a cream cheese frosting you can trust! But do add the citrus, it adds a great flavor. This is one great cake full of yummy ingredients
Here is the recipe for Carrot and Zucchini Cake.


5 comments:

Kayte said...

Dates and zuc in a carrot cake...well, yes, I think that would work just fine over here as well. I made carrot cake this week as well...TWD rewind as I was not into plum cake apparently. Your cake looks so good...and those little dishes are really fun and cute, just perfect for that cake!

Candise said...

Blog looks great - and the cake looks even better. Yum!

Nedra said...

I like your new look Cindy! Cute fall dishes and yummy cake.

Anonymous said...

Love your new look and the love the carrot zucchini cake dripping with that delicious frosting - YUM
Mary

Katrina said...

I just might have to contact Rebecca, my blog needs a lot of help and your blog looks great!