Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

TWD Classic Brownie


I could rename this brownie, it would be 'The Perfect Brownie'! Such a simple recipe, melt butter, two kinds of chocolate add sugar, eggs and salt. Mix well. Gently fold in the flour and pecans. That's it! I baked mine 33 minutes which was prefect. I did toast the pecans. Toasted pecans are one of my new favorite ingredients.
I'm sure this brownie did not need frosting but hubby loves frosting on brownies. He's out doing yard work, I think frosting is his Love Language. I frosted them with my favorite Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting. It only makes brownies better.


This brownie recipe uses ingredients I keep in my pantry. I won't admit to how many kinds of chocolate I keep in my pantry. This brownie would be great served with ice cream and hot fudge. Leave out the nuts and slip one in your child's lunch box. Wrap this brownie well and send it to a hungry college student. One brownie, so many uses! Thanks Dorie for another excellent recipe.
The complete recipe can be found on Anne Strawberry's Blog. Anne's blog is one I look forward to looking at often. She has great recipes, fun favorites and darling little ones!

19 comments:

Cakelaw said...

You can never have too much frosting - these look so decadent!

Judy said...

Now that's a truly decadent brownie! Yum.

Anonymous said...

the frosting takes these brownies to a whole different level - DO delicious :)
Mary

Hindy said...

There's an interesting question - we should all reveal how many kinds of chocolate are in our house.
Love your frosting. That really finishes the brownies off nicely.

Valerie Gamine said...

I can only imagine how wonderful sour cream frosting would be on these brownies! They look delicious. :D

Chaya said...

Cindy, I love what you did with these. The frosting makes it prettier and more appealing. Pecans sound good to me.

Flourchild said...

Oh my husband would love these. He wanted me to frost mine so badly! I was to darn lazy:) they look super yummy!

Di said...

Mmm. Love the frosting. I have no idea how many kinds of chocolate I have in my pantry; I just know it's a lot. =)

Anne said...

Oh Cindy my love language might be frosting too. Your brownies look amazing with their delicately swirled frosting. Thanks for your kind words and baking with me- awesome job!

Pamela said...

Wow! The frosting looks so inviting and delicious!! Yum.

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

Okay, you turned this from great to fabulous! I've got to try this frosting on 'em next time I bake them.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Gracious, Cindy - you had me at 'frosting'! :) Your brownies are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh WOW - that frosting! I didn't think these brownies needed anything, but I think I'm changing my mind...

Katrina said...

Wow, that frosting really kicked those up! (My *boring* husband hates frosting.) sigh ;)

Lynne Daley said...

Gorgeous brownies with the lovely swirls of frosting. Lucky hubby!

Kayte said...

Chocolate and more chocolate! Oh my oh my would this be a hit here with all that swirly icing on the top.

Beth said...

These brownies look fantastic! No wonder they're called Classic.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

my goodness...now that i see these, i do think my brownies needed frosting!

TeaLady said...

FROSTED brownies. Boy you sure know how to make it hard to stay away from these. DELISH!!