Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Last Brownie


I have been trying to find the perfect brownie recipe for about 35 years. I have made many delicious recipes and I continue to try new recipes. But this Brownie I named 'The Last Brownie', meaning this was the best, the last one I needed to try. It is that good. I have never had a failure. It is the perfect chewy without being gooey. Try it and let me know what you think. It is delicious as is, but a drizzle of ganache is always a good thing.

The Last Brownie
1/2 cup butter
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate--I use Ghirardelli baking bars
Melt butter and chocolate over low heat, whisk in:
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Add 3 large eggs beating well after each
Gently stir in 3/4 cup flour (don't over mix).
Fold in 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts


Bake in greased 9 inch square pan for 35-40 minutes at 350. Brownie is done when edges slightly pull away from pan. Let cool completely. These are better on day 2, if they last that long. They freeze great. I just plate them, double wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. Take them out an hour before serving, they will be delish!

5 comments:

Nedra said...

How do you stay so thin? I think I gained 5 lbs. just looking at them!

Two fit and fun gals said...

mm these look great :O)

wil try it out, im always on the search for a better brownie

Anonymous said...

Chewy without being gooey sounds perfect!

Unknown said...

yummy...I think I will make these for our date-night-in treat tonight!

Katrina said...

Ooh, love the drizzle of gananche! Always nice to find a Last Brownie. Mine is my adapted version of Dorie's Tribute to Katherine Hepburn's brownies.