Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

TWD Chocolaty, Nutty, Swirly, Sour Cream Bundt Cake


Jennifer at Cooking for Comfort is our TWD host this week. You will want to head over her way because this recipe is a keeper (aren't they all)! This sour cream bundt cake has delicious orange rind in the batter and a swirl of chocolate, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg. This cake did not need a 'drizzle', it was yummy as is.
The instructions for the swirl were a little fussy. I was making two half size bundts so I just 'layered' the filling. That option seemed to work fine for my little bundts but when (very soon) I have occasion to make a full size bundt I will try the swirl.


 I ordered my half size bundt pans from King Arthur Flour. These are perfect for our smaller size family. I could just make half the recipe but it is so nice to have an extra bundt to freeze or share!

12 comments:

Kayte said...

That is one gorgeous cake, and your ribbon of goodness inside is beautiful, too. I need to get one of those half size bundt pans...going on my Christmas list (no, it is not too early to add things to your Christmas list...lol).

Amber said...

Love the photo Mom!! Looks like a delicious cake, I may have to try this one out.

Unknown said...

I love your pics, lovely weather...coming from a socal girl I wish we had some colder weather. Nice baking

Hindy said...

I love your photos. Can you tell me how you got the backgrounds blurry in that way?

Leslie said...

You managed to make this one without some of the problems the rest of us had...I wonder it if was not swirling or that cute half size bundt pan? Whatever, your cake looks terrific!

Flourchild said...

Yum..it looks perfect! I cut the recipe in half but wish I wouldn't have! What a great recipe!

Nina said...

Your cake looks perfect! I will definitely try this one. Love the pic in the snow!

Thepearsonfamilee said...

Brautiful. You are welcome to link this recipe up at Sweet Treat Saturday agaain if you would like.

Lynne Daley said...

Great idea making two smaller bundt cakes and the filling worked well. I'll have to order some of the pans from King Arthur. It's only when I need them that I think of it and then, it's too late. Beautiful cakes!

Mel said...

Cindy - your number was randomly chosen as a winner in the kitchen scale giveaway on my blog (melskitchencafe.com) but I didn't have an email for you! Can you email me at mykitchencafe at gmail dot com and we'll work out details? Congrats!

Barbara Bakes said...

Now I'm thinking I need little bundt pans. Love the idea of eating one and freezing one. It looks scrumptious!

Mama J said...

That first photo there is my kind of slice of cake! Love your photography. :)