Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TWD Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins


Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins was the first recipe I made from Baking, From My Home to Yours. I had never rubbed lemon zest and sugar together. This little task is a sensory delight! I've been baking for over 40 years and Dorie continues to teach me new tricks.
This is a simple recipe that only dirties two bowls. Rub the sugar and lemon zest together, add the dry ingredients and stir. To the melted butter add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and sour cream (I used plain yogurt). Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry and mix ever so gently, add the poppy seeds and you are ready to bake.


This recipe makes 12 muffins, Dorie suggests a light lemon drizzle. We don't drizzle or glaze at this house we frost! I made a yummy lemon cream cheese frosting. Delicious.
Our hostess this week is Betsy, check her blog for the complete recipe and take a look at her cute baby!TWD is an awesome baking group, take a moment and see what other talented bakers created.
My muffins are displayed on my newest setting of Fiesta Ware, the color is Paprika. I love it! Thanks Paul and Kaytie.

13 comments:

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

How rich they look with the icing. I made mine plain because that is hubby's preference. Love that icing.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Love that glaze on yours! And I LOVE your new Fiesta! Beautiful color! :)

Valerie Gamine said...

You're so right about the sheer delight one gets from rubbing lemon zest into sugar!

Those muffins look gorgeous and fabulous in their frosting. :D

Unknown said...

delightful little things aren't they

Flourchild said...

I love how you piled on the glaze, it was my fav. part about the muffins!! They look sooooo goooddd!!!:)))

Pamela said...

Ugh...I am so coveting your lemon cream cheese frosting!! That sounds fantastic!

Cakelaw said...

I agree - these are delicious, and a cream cheese frosting sounds delightful.

Mary Ann said...

I like the fact that you don't drizzle or glaze- you frost! Sounds like a great motto. Your muffins turned out beautifully!

mr. pineapple man said...

ooh i love the sugar frosting!

Katrina said...

No drizzling here either! Your glaze looks nice and thick.
Also LOVE rubbing zest into the sugar.

Kayte said...

Love the fiestaware as well, so pretty. And, of course, I love that you have another Kayte in your life...tee hee. Did that throw you when I first discovered your blog? Your muffins look great, I wish I had done my icing like yours, it looks so rich and nice. I thought I made it according to her directions, but mine was really runny and not that nice creamy look that yours has.

B said...

Your muffins look delicious. I wish my glaze was as thick as yours. Thanks for baking with me this week!

The Mortensens said...

Oh, I loved the frosted muffins! What a great idea. :)