Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Pumpkin Bars



I like pumpkin, in most any dish. So it really is no surprise that these Pumpkin Bars were served twice in one week. My sweet mother in law made a birthday dinner for me a few weeks ago. I offered to make dessert. I found this delicious recipe on Joy of Baking. It was a hit at the dinner, my mother then asked me to make them for Thanksgiving instead of pumpkin pie. So I will make them again next week.
This yummy dessert has a shortbread crust made with hazelnuts. The shortbread is slightly sweet, the hazelnuts give the crust a great texture. The baked pumpkin filling is simple to make. This dessert makes a 9x13 pan so it feeds a crowd. It also keeps for a day or two, that's if you have leftovers. The dessert is delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream. Mix up Thanksgiving desserts this year and serve Pumpkin Bars.
The complete recipe can be found on Joy of Baking, a site full of delicious recipes.
http://www.joyofbaking.com/barsandsquares/PumpkinBars.html

4 comments:

Donna G said...

I like me some pumpkin, and I like me some hazelnuts. I'd like to make this, but where do I get hazelnuts? I looked for them in Oregon last month when we were there, and nobody seemed to know where to find them except those ridiculously overpriced ones at the airport. And I just can't justify eating or buying something labeled as Duck Nuts, University of Oregon nonwithstanding.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great for a perfect fall sweet tooth moment!
mary x

mr. pineapple man said...

my husband would LOVE this!

Grandma Scott said...

These are heaven !! Thank you for the yummy treat.