Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Cheddar and Green Onion Biscuits--SRC



It's good to be a member of the Secret Recipe Club again. The SRC is a great way to meet new bloggers and try new recipes. This month I was fortunate to get to know Healthy. Delicious. I enjoyed getting to know Lauren. She reminded me a lot of myself. We both grew up cooking and following our Mom around the kitchen. Planning and cooking dinner was something we both enjoyed from early on. Lauren is young enough to be my daughter--that is where we differ! Lauren has been blogging for over 6 years--that is commitment. Her recipe focus is on non-processed foods, fruit and veggies in season and weeknight meals that can be ready in 40 minutes! Spend a while on Laurens blog--you will be glad you did.

I am going to make the Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos when my daughter comes to visit. I needed a quick, simple meal so I scanned the blog and found a recipe for Cheddar and Green Onion Biscuits. Now you need to know that biscuits are my hubby's love language. I have made many recipes over the years and found that successful biscuits need a light hand. I used my food processor to make these gems and they were in the oven in minutes.

The cheese and green onions were a great combo. I sliced the warm biscuits added a thin slice of ham and a little drizzle of honey mustard sauce. A fresh fruit salad finished this
delicious meal and I had it on the table in under 40 minutes. These biscuits would be a great side for soup or stew. Add a slice of bacon or a sausage patty and you have a delicious breakfast. So many possibilities.

Green Onion and Cheddar Biscuits
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
dash of salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 stick of butter (2 ounces)
1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese-- I used Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheese
3/4 cup milk--I used 1%
4 green onions, chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
In food processor mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add chunks of butter and pulse just till you have a fine, crumbly texture with pea size lumps of butter. Add the milk, cheese, green onion and garlic powder. Pulse a few times till just mixed. Do not over mix. Drop 1/4 cup portions of batter on parchment lined sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 17-19 minutes, do not over bake. Serve warm. They are also yummy split and toasted. Makes 12 delicious biscuits. Master biscuits and make your family happy! 
Thanks Lauren--I have a new blogging buddy! 



13 comments:

amy @ fearless homemaker said...

I noticed this picture in the SRC link lineup right away because they turned out SO gorgeous! What a perfect little biscuit. And with the ham + honey mustard? SWOON! Perfect for the Super Bowl weekend, too!

Janie said...

You can't go wrong with green onions and cheddar :) Happy Reveal Day!

P.s. I added your post to the blog hop.

Unknown said...

I was just saying the other day that I should make biscuits more often. Then I remembered why I don't....because I eat 5 or 6 in one sitting!

Anonymous said...

Yumm any biscuit with cheese in it is bound to be delicious :-)

Melissa said...

We also love biscuits. These look amazing, and I love how you made them into little sandwiches! So creative :)

Kirstin said...

oh yum! these sound amazing. I just love biscuits. I'm a fellow Group D'er

Shirley said...

What cute looking biscuits! So well presented!

Asiya @ Chocolate and Chillies said...

Great flavour combination in the biscuits! Great SRC pick!

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

Delicious! You put it over the top when you mentioned a drizzle of honey mustard.

Avril said...

A delightful batch of biscuits! Deeeeelicious :) Thank you so very much for your fun comments on my SRC post...you are a gem!

Kayte said...

Don't those look delicious, and all stuffed with goodies looks really really nice...it's lunchtime, and I wish I was eating one of those! Nice photos.

Fran@fransfavs.com said...

Oh, I do love me a savory biscuit--these look quite yummy!

Karen S Booth said...

What a FAB SRC entry and as a cheese fanatic,these would be gone in a trice if I was at your table!
Karen from Lavender and Lovage and visiting from group D