Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

MY Favorite Chocolate Macadamia Cookie


I have dozens of cookie recipes on my blog how I forgot this gem I don't know. I have been making this cookie forever, I included it in a cookbook I made for my girls called Just Desserts. It's a fun little cookbook/scrapbook with about 20 of my favorite dessert recipes.
The macadamias in this cookie reminds me of Hawaii. It is warm in Hawaii--it is cold in Utah right now. So make this cookie and pretend you are in warm Hawaii enjoying it!

My Favorite Macadamia Cookie
1 cup brown sugar (7 ounces)
3/4 cup white sugar
7/8 cups butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 3/8 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Mix together sugars and  butter, beat about 2-3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat 1 minute after each addition. Add vanilla. Mix dry ingredients and add to butter mixture. Mix gently, don't over mix. Add nut and chips.
Bake on a parchment lined sheet for 13-14 minutes at 325 degrees. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen delicious cookies.

9 comments:

Corina said...

So delicious looking - I wish I was in Hawaii too!

Nedra said...

looks like a perfect mix of nuts and chocolate :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Cindy these are to die for! your photos are making me swoon!
Mary x

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, yeah...these are winners! I always love the combo of white chocolate and macadamia nuts...mmmmmm.

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

Three types of chocolate chips in a chocolate cookie base with mac nuts??? Nice.

Unknown said...

oooh!!! I forgot about these bad boys! I am definitely going to make some of these very soon!

Krista said...

I love macadamia nuts but they are always paired with white chocolate. I love this idea. I pinned these and can't wait to try them out!
Krista @ A Handful of Everything

Amber said...

Mom, how do you measure 7/8 cup of butter and 3/8 cups flour? My brain can't function this early in the morning.

KT said...

Bang on. Rarely do I find a recipe that I don't have to tweak to get right.

I only used white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and baked on top rack at 325, 14 mins with a halfway rotation for chewy cookies with a slight crisp. Less than that and they're too undercooked for my taste.

Just remember to soften the butter before you add the eggs.

These cookies are now part of my repertoire.

My family thanks you for an instant classic.