Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies




The Martha Stewart Cookie Cookbook is a great resource. Each recipe is accompanied by a beautiful photo, it  is nice to have a visual of the final product. It also has a section on 'presentation', it is fun to deliver warm cookies to loved ones in a clever way. This is a great cookbook to add to ones cookbook collection. It would make a fun shower gift with a bar pan and a silpat.


I gave this Double Chocolate Coconut Cookie 5 stars. It is a winner!
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coarse salt
2 cups white chocolate chunks (about 9 ounces)
1 3/4 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts (about 6 ounces)

1.  Preheat oven to 350.  Put butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.  Mix in eggs one at a time.  Stir in vanilla.

2.  Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.  Mix into butter mixture on low speed until well combined.  Stir in chocolate, coconut, and walnuts.

3.  Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop batter onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart.  Flatten slightly.  Bake until set, 10 to 12 minutes.  Let cool on sheets on wire racks 2 minutes.  Transfer cookies on parchment to racks to cool completely.  Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week. 


Don't forget to enter my 100 post give away. I will pick a winner July 5th at 10 PM. Winner will get a $25 Pampered Chef Shopping Spree. Choose your favorites and I will send it to your door. If you don't win and still need some Pampered Chef toys. Send me an e-mail with your order. I will place the order Wednesday July 7

2 comments:

Jan Marie said...

oh my gosh, those sound delicious. Those are going on my list.

Kayte said...

I don't own this cookbook, but I should. I especially like the thought of a picture for each recipe, I always do better with a picture it seems. Your photo of these is wonderful...I know these would not last long in the cookie jar here, thanks for the recipe. Will give them a try today or tomorrow, they look like just the thing to make young men smile!