Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Smokey Potatoes--Summer Side



My husband (a Silver Beaver) has been on many camp outs. One of his favorite meals is Foil Dinners, he has these down to a science. I think Foil Dinners deserve their own post soon. But today I want to share a delicious cousin of the Foil Dinner, maybe a little sister.
This packet of foil holds the most delicious tender flavorful side. Perfect with any summer cookout, or cook in the oven as I did.

It is pretty simple, slice potatoes and onions--I use a mandolin for quick even slices. Pile potato slices, a few onion slices and a tablespoon of diced butter. Add salt and pepper and the secret ingredient--smokey paprika. The smokey paprika makes this dish wonderful. Full of flavor!


I use extra heavy duty foil. Just believe me when I tell you it is much better than 'two layers of foil'.
Cook for about 20-25 minutes in a 400 degree oven or on a grill or coals. Check out Our Best Bites for more cooking outdoor info.
Enjoy often!

4 comments:

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Cindy! This looks delicious! I've never even heard of smokey paprika. I'm adding it to my shopping list. Thanks for the recipe. I'm sure, I'll make it! Have a fun Sunday! ;) Paulette

Unknown said...

Yours looked so pretty! I think I will have to make them again this week...

Anonymous said...

This looks so good. Next time, the grill is on, I want to add this to it.

Kayte said...

These are fan favorites around here for tailgates, etc. and now I have a new twist on them for this year: smokey paprika! Thanks for sharing, they look wonderful and tailgate season is quickly coming upon us...where did the summer go???