Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

TWD Lots-of-Ways Banana Cake


Kimberly was our host at TWD this week. She chose a great recipe that I will make again. Lots-of-Ways Banana Cake was just what the name suggested. Use brown sugar and white sugar if you have both, if not all white will work. Liquid could be coconut milk, whole milk, buttermilk, sour cream or plain yogurt, I used a combination. Toasted coconut or dried fruit were suggested add-ins. I went with the toasted coconut, it was yummy.


I made cupcakes as they are easier to share. They fell slightly in the middle, not enough to worry me just more room for topping. I made a white chocolate cream cheese frosting. It was very rich. Next time I make this recipe, it will be soon, I will top slices with whipped cream. I think that would be the perfect dessert!
Another 5 star recipe from Dorie, Kimberly has the recipe posted. This was a fun recipe with so many variations,  see what other  TWD bakers created.

24 comments:

Nancy said...

Those look great! I love banana cake! I'll have to check out this recipe.

Nickki said...

I love your cupcakes! And the white chocolate cream cheese frosting sounds amazing. I loved this recipe, so many possibilites!

Jennifer said...

I love the look of your cupcakes-and white chocolate cream cheese frosting sounds dreamy!

This was truly a 5 star recipe!

Amanda said...

Cupcakes are pefect with this recipe, yum! This was my farewell post with TWD after almost two years of baking along. Hope you'll stop by and say goodbye!

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your cuppies look fantastic and white chocolate cream cheese frosting sounds divine! Thanks for baking with me this week!

Pamela said...

Agreed...another winner from Dorie!

Flourchild said...

I will do cupcakes next time..this cake is the best!!

Tia said...

nice frosting, looks very creamy

Rachel said...

Cutie cupcakes!

Mary said...

I made cupcake/muffin thingies too! I will have to try them with frosting next time.

TeaLady said...

These were pretty tasty, weren't they? Like that you made cuppys. And they look perfect!!

Peggy said...

Oh they look so good! So what if they fell a little, it's the taste that counts, right? Love the white chocolate cream cheese frosting idea. Very creative.

Mary said...

I want one of those cupcakes right now! Cream cheese icing is a great accompaniment to banana cake.

Piggy said...

Your cupcakes look great! This is also another recipe that I will make again, it's really yummy, isn't it? :-)

spike. said...

wow, this cake with that frosting sounds over the top!

Beedeebabee said...

What a yummy delicious blog you have!!! ;) Paulette

Anonymous said...

Your frosting sounds great, but whipped cream would also be delicious.

Valerie Gamine said...

Your cupcakes are darling! I wish that I could steal one through the screen.

Unknown said...

yummy! I bet Jack would love these...especially with some tasty frosting on them!

Criollobylisa said...

White chocolate cream cheese!!! Hello and good night!!!!

Charli said...

I made the white chocolate whipped cream frosting, but was thinking next time I'd try the cream cheese frosting hehe. The grass is always greener, eh?

I love all the flexibility in this recipe!

Kayte said...

They look lovely as cupcakes. I wish I had gone that route, then Mark would not have had to had banana cake every day for a week in his lunch! Live and learn...next time, with something like this, I'm going the cupcake route so that I can freeze them and bring them out over a period of time.

Hindy said...

Love your cupcakes! They turned out beautifully.

Criollobylisa said...

Hey Cindy,

I think I ordered thos tulip muffin papers from King Arthur's catalog. Check em out online at http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/tulip-muffin-papers-brown-set-of-24