Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Simply Delicious Pesto Pasta


It is summer! My basil plant grows inches each day, the zucchini are small and tender (at least for the next day or two), life is good. This recipe was created one day when I was too lazy to go to the store! The fridge was pretty bare so I had to be creative. I made a batch of pesto. I like pesto, it is pretty, easy to make and so versatile. Once the pesto was made this meal came together in about 10 minutes.

Simply Delicious Pesto Pasta
Cook 8 ounces pasta, I like Barilla Piccolini, it is a Mini Penne
1 small onion, diced
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 pound chicken tenders, grilled and sliced
Pesto--homemade or Costco
Saute onion and zucchini in a little olive oil till slightly brown. Add chicken and pasta, stir in pesto to taste. I just added a spoon full at a time. I also added a couple of tablespoons of liquid from the cooked pasta. Heat and top with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
This recipe would be great with mushrooms, yellow summer squash, red pepper etc. I had grilled chicken tenders in the fridge so this came together in minutes. I think we will see different versions of this recipe a lot in the coming months.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh man...that looks SO good to me right now!! and you're right, it would be tasty with mushrooms. I bet those zucchini taste awesome in there!

Brenda H. said...

'LOVE your blog and all the fabulous recipes...thanks for sharing!! But, I'm going to go crazy soon if I have to keep looking at the picture of that yummy bar on your header and am not able to bake it! I have searched your blog for the recipe...please help! I couldn't locate your email addy to contact you.
Thanks!
~Brenda

Cindy said...

Brenda--Those delicious bars are from Tuesdays with Dorie called Chocolate Oatmeal Almost Candy Bars. Here is the link http://cgharris.blogspot.com/2010/01/twd-chocolate-oatmeal-almost-candy-bars.html
They are excellent, enjoy!

Barbara Bakes said...

A perfect meal for summer. My zucchini is a bit slow this year, but soon I'll be searching for great simple ideas like this.

Brenda H. said...

Thanks so much Cindy...I had found & printed up that recipe in my quest, but wasn't sure if it was the right one. I'll be whipping up a batch soon!
Thanks so much...'happy cooking!
~Brenda