Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

TWD Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins


Dorie says 'these slightly sweet goodies straddle the divide between cupcake and muffins'. I think I probably tipped the scale toward cupcake when I added an extra 3 ounces of dark chocolate. I made 48 mini muffins, they were just delicious. I took them to a holiday brunch and brought home an empty basket. They were light and chocolaty, the chunks of melted dark chocolate added interest. They were a hit.
The complete recipe can be found on Bridget's blog, The Way the Cookie Crumbles. Or purchase 'Baking: From My Home to Yours,' by Dorie Greenspan.


 Spend a few moments at Bridget's Blog. It is fun! She often does recipe comparisons, which lemon bar, red velvet cake, chocolate chip cookie, etc. is really the best? She also has a great section on Food Photography, read it and learn! It has been a pleasure to get to know Bridget.

15 comments:

Hindy said...

I also found this a surprisingly delicious recipe. I'm so glad you followed Dorie's lead and served them with jam. they look lovely!

Anonymous said...

Chocolate - chocolate - this has to be a hit - they look and sound delicious - and extra special with the jam!
Mary

Pamela said...

I love your red, white, and blue layout in the picture! I added extra chocolate chunks, too. It was impossible to stop myself!

Nedra said...

Just getting caught up on your posts now that we are back in town.
What fun you are having with those grandbabies! And they are so lucky to have your fabulous cooking!

Flourchild said...

Im glad you and the folks at the brunch enjoyed them! I just made mine this morning!

Nicole said...

Those would be great for brunch! I also added extra chocolate chunks and I was glad I did.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Extra chocolate for me, please! Sounds perfect... and your muffins look fab! :)

Anonymous said...

They look lovely! I don't think you could go wrong with mini chocolate muffins at a brunch!

Cakelaw said...

Mmmmm, these look so good with the red jam! I reckon these were more cake than muffin.

Katrina said...

That must be the key--tons of extra chocolate! ;) Love your stack of red, white and blue plates!

Amber Marie said...

I added more chocolate (on accident) and they are definitely a dessert! These look great.

Criollobylisa said...

I wish I added extra chocolate. Can never have too much chocolate!

Cryzzle said...

They WERE good! You should bring some more with you next time ; )

Kayte said...

Okay, I won't lie, the chocolate looks chocolatey and you know me and that, but I will tell you that I love that first photo with the little vignette of life pictured, very nice. It would be such fun to be a guest and be presented with a plate like that!

margot said...

Your festive photos are lovely. I added both extra chocolate and sugar to the top, these were so good!