Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies Perfected


Can I have 2 favorite Peanut Butter Cookie recipes? I hope so because I do. I thought my search for a PB cookie was over when I made Dorie's recipe. I've made it several times, it is delicious.
But when one enjoys cooking blogs you are bound to find more recipes, better recipes perhaps. Cookies on Friday baked a peanut butter cookies that she claimed to be perfect. It had peanut butter chips in it, I've never been a fan of peanut butter chips. I think years ago I bought a bag of cheap peanut butter chips and just remember a very waxy artificial taste. I purchased a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips, they taste just like the middle of a Reese's Pieces. What's not to love?? So I'll just say the rest is history. I have another yummy peanut butter cookie to add to my ever growing cookie arsenal.


Yes, I can have two favorite Peanut Butter Cookie recipes. Jack was my sous chef, he liked the idea of adding Mini M&M's to half the batter. They added color and a fun little burst of chocolate.

Peanut Butter Cookies Perfected
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup dry-roasted salted peanuts, chopped
1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter chips
1/2-1 cup mini M&M's
Coarse sugar

In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. The mixture will look light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and stir until just incorporated. Add half of the flour mixture and mix for 15 seconds. Add the remaining flour mixture, peanuts, peanut butter chips and mini M&M's. Mix until just incorporated. Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. The dough gets better the longer it is refrigerated (up to 3 days).
Using a medium Pampered Chef scoop make balls of dough and dip in coarse sugar. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a fork. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.

Linked to A Well Seasoned Life


Linked to Recipe Sharing Monday at Jam Hands

6 comments:

Unknown said...

These do look perfect! :)

Kayte said...

So pretty, too! And that taste tester you have there...obviously he's the only one you really need to please and it looks to me like he is plenty pleased!

Lisa said...

Isn't it great when you finally find THE recipe? I think it's the best feeling in the world. These sound peanut buttery good. Thanks for linking them up to Sweets for a Saturday.

Linda said...

These look delicious. I so relate to finding favorites instead of one favorite, and peanut butter cookies are just so good, it's fun to experiment!

I'm with Jack - I like chocolate in my peanut butter cookies. ;)

Kim McCallie said...

These do sound perfect. I love the idea of the dry roasted peanuts and peanut butter chips. I'd love to sample one. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

annies home said...

love the additions to one of my favorite types of cookies